FX's American Crime Story

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
First season is on OJ Simpson. It's so good.

Watched the first episode. I'm intrigued. Hope this fares better than Horror Story..

I'm surprised at how much I like Schwimmer's character considering how I can't stand the Kardashians normally.

Also, related, episodes 2 and 3 do a little too much 'wink wink nudge nudge' to the fact that all the Kardashians are now famous.

SilverHeart wrote:I'm surprised at how much I like Schwimmer's character considering how I can't stand the Kardashians normally.

Also, related, episodes 2 and 3 do a little too much 'wink wink nudge nudge' to the fact that all the Kardashians are now famous.
It's a credit to the writers that they could make Schwimmer's character this modest and relatable and completely sell him as this 100% loyal friend instead of taking the easy route and portray him as the father of his children in all their vanity and self-importance.

The show-runners also address the issue of the Kardashian children being on the show that frequently:
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... ardashians

It would have been so easy to make him look like an asshole but they made him the most sympathetic character on the show besides OJ (arguably moreso for me since I'm 99% sure OJ did it).

Just watched the first episode. Riveting stuff.

Holy shit did they get a time machine and pluck Larry King from the 90s?
I mean I don't think they showed him head on but that makeup looks fucking great.

That was probably the best episode last night. Vance, Paulson, and Brown as Darden were very good last night. That 'nigga please' line was such a lol shocking moment. I didn't recognize Bert Cooper as Dominick Dunne. I forgot that Darden and Cochran got into like that early in the trial. Looks like Fuhrmann episode next week. I still can't believe they put him on the stand. I know he was there but he was too toxic.

Just saw the episode and I don't know if I'd call it my favorite so far, but it has cemented FX's spot of having lined-up the best ensemble for the third consecutive year (Fargo for the previous two). I could go on about Courtney B. Vance's performance as Cochran ever since I saw him in the trailer - and what was sold me on the show - but the real stand-out of the episode for me was Sterling K. Brown. The way he manages to effectively portray Darden's inner conflict without saying much; every close-up, whether it's after being demeaned by Cochran or the "feeling of being judged" the day after in his office speaks volumes. And his inputs to the case being rejected only helps to solidify his self-doubt. Can't wait for Fuhrman next week.