The Invisible Man (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I thought it was pretty good. I’m glad that it doesn’t romanticize the physical and/or mental abuse of women like certain other franchises or books.

Cathy Yan just said she's open to putting Birds of Prey on VOD earlier. If these ventures prove profitable, studios will think they're sustainable.

-Vader

Studios have always seen these as a good option financially, question was convincing major chains. For Universal to do this on a unilateral level - while theatrical window in the States is a flexible 90 days, here in UK it's a strict 16 weeks - these negotiations must have been intense.

I loved this

A lot better than I expected?

It just slaps so hard on so many levels. Great modern take on the invisible man, great performances, great narrative, great production design and the cinematography is stunning. I love that this was a financial hit, too. I'm all in for this modern take on the Universal monster classics.

Finally watched this. I went in blind as usual and was pleasantly surprised. Great opening set the intensity at a high. As mentioned in this thread, the psychological abuse was more threatening than the physical...
tho the sister's death fucked me up yo 😱
The way the camera would sometimes just pan away from the subject made you sit up and really pay attention - is that a Blumhouse thing?