The Prisoner (Ridley Scott)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I saw a title at IMDb.com, "The Prisoner", which film was planned to release in 2009 (according to the website). I thought it was Chris Nolan's Prisoner, but after a while it was moved to 2012, and I wondered (and I'm still wondering) that the reason of this postponement could be the third Batman-movie.

Does anybody have any exact information about this project? Will Chris Nolan direct this movie before a possible 3rd Batman-movie, or after it? Or will he direct The Prisoner at all? :D

Well, Chris said something a long the lines of them not really doing anything for a 3rd Batman film at the moment, so I don't imagine that is the reason why Prisoner is supposedly pushed back.

There really isn't anything clear-cut about this project at the moment, sadly. :(

This my first post as i've just come across this site, christopher nolan for me is the best film director working in hollywood today and as each of his films are realeased and analysed it becomes more apparant that this man is quite clearly a genious. I would go as far to say that given time he will be truly seen as the aire to the likes of stanley kubrick and other visionary directors of that mould. Anyway with reguards to the prisoner being directed by chris nolan this is still very much a possibility as the only reason for delay of the film would most likely have more to do with the new six part prisoner series which will be broadcast later this year rather than batman 3 (a project he has yet to commit to despite all the reports) This new re-imagining of the prisoner would obviously help inhibit the sucess of a feature length film should it be sucessful and the studio would have put the project on hold to first get a measure of reaction to the tv series and also allow for any alterations to the story in order to keep the feature film fresh and distinctive from the new tv series.

First off, I would like to welcome you aboard, premo77 - glad to have you on the team. I also appreciate your input and your enthusiasm of Christopher Nolan's success.

I'm not sure of what the outcome will be from "The Prisoner" push-back, but I'm sure he has something planned. He is Chris Nolan after all. ;)

I saw this when I was younger, I can't remember much but I remember it being pretty surreal. The story sounds intriguing enough and it's penned by the people who wrote Blade Runner and Twelve Monkeys, two of my favourite sci-fi movies. There's a TV adaptation right now as previously stated so I can't see him doing this for a while, if at all. Universal will probably want to get it done as soon as they can with a different director, seeing as Nolan will be busy with Inception and (hopefully) Batman 3. I'd still like for him to do it though.

I had heard that AMC was planning a big budget miniseries based off The Prisoner, and thus the film may have been put into turnaround, or at least some form of limbo.

jimblkhwk wrote:I had heard that AMC was planning a big budget miniseries based off The Prisoner, and thus the film may have been put into turnaround, or at least some form of limbo.
Yeah I heard about that, if we do see it, I don't think we'll see it for quite sometime. I know that Nolan loved the original show and that a relative of his was in it. I would definitely like to see him helm it though, would definitely suit him.

yea, John Nolan (Chris' uncle) was in an episode or two of The Prisoner I believe. John also had roles in both Batman Begins and Following.

TeddyBlass wrote:yea, John Nolan (Chris' uncle) was in an episode or two of The Prisoner I believe. John also had roles in both Batman Begins and Following.
He actually made a brief cameo in one of Comcast's "Gotham Tonight" episodes which was released before The Dark Knight, reprising his role of Fredericks.

What is this movie about?