Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
That Bruce Wayne/WW scene really feels like Zack Snyder watched TDKR and said 'that Selina/Bruce Wayne moment? I'd like some of that too, please'...except that the dialogue is really not as good.

Batfan175 wrote:That Bruce Wayne/WW scene really feels like Zack Snyder watched TDKR and said 'that Selina/Bruce Wayne moment? I'd like some of that too, please'...except that the dialogue is really not as good.
Moreover, in both movies the evening is hosted by the film's main villain which meets the hero there for the first time.

Gal's in good shape. Twig no more.

Batfan175 wrote:That Bruce Wayne/WW scene really feels like Zack Snyder watched TDKR and said 'that Selina/Bruce Wayne moment? I'd like some of that too, please'...except that the dialogue is really not as good.
From where did this came about that Zack Snyder took from TDKR scene?????

You do know this sort of scene was popular way before TDKR right? It's one of the most well-known cliche moments and it's one of the few that still work.

I know we're supposed to bust a nut over anything that Nolan ever did but let's not go that far and assume that what TDKR did with that scene was original lol.

RIFA wrote:
From where did this came about that Zack Snyder took from TDKR scene?????

You do know this sort of scene was popular way before TDKR right? It's one of the most well-known cliche moments and it's one of the few that still work.

I know we're supposed to bust a nut over anything that Nolan ever did but let's not go that far and assume that what TDKR did with that scene was original lol.
It's the fact that the previous batman movie had a party/ball where Bruce dances with a lady who is accused of being a thief, stealing something from Wayne. There's a back and forth, some sass thrown in each direction. The lady tells Wayne that he doesn't know much about her. Both end up on the same side fighting a war together in the final act. It's familiar, and more than just Zack looking to the comics.

Nolan may have done the whole Bruce/Selina dancing at a ball thing. But this scene looks like Zack went for all the details from the Rises party. And it's not even Selina this time.

Im good with it, but it's obvious.

There's a ball scene in every Batman movie and you even have a feistier encounter with Selina in Batman Returns. In TDKR Selina was foreshadowing Bane overtaking the city, here it's simply Diana being introduced as antique dealer. And in Returns it was a maskless revelation scene; apples and oranges.

Early impressions so far, courtesy of DCEU reddit:

Kevin McCarthy (GeekNation, Nerdtears.com) - loved it, apparently. Posting “nerd tears” Tweets and statuses after the screening in the junket expo room for ages, geeking out all over the place. Told Henry he was “amazing in the film,” Gal is “amazing,” and so on.

BoxOfficeZ- Verified early screening and one of the first reviews we got, gave BVS a B+ to A score (comparatively, gave The Force Awakens an A, Age of Ultron and Man of Steel a B/B-, and Jurassic World a C+/B-). Gave him "pure joy" and said it was clever and well thought out, just a bit frantic at the end. Well worth reading his review, just scroll down here. Spoiler free.

Chris Sylvia (VP of Regal Cinemas, Batman fan)- double thumbs up. Liked lots of positive Tweets, responded to fan messages saying it was a massive improvement on MOS, great start for a whole universe, everyone nailed their parts- you’d have seen the screenshots here.

Pakistan Fans (Osama Com Laude)- two fans, ADORED it. Proved they saw it with those damn leaked photos, and WB asked them to take down their review, but they were LAUDING it and loving it and entirely in heaven. They were gushing over everything, and Terrio, and saying BVS was far more story driven and with more sophistication in its plot than any superhero movie, including MOS- "If Deadpool was Punjabi cinema on steroids (they liked it), then Batman v Superman is Hamlet." Potentially a bit overblown, but it was from two huge fans, and, honestly, that's what we are. Just remember when WB ask something to be removed it’s because they don’t want spoilers out there and actually care for the fans- removing POSITIVE reviews shows confidence, if you ask me.

Carrie Keegan (Reviewer on CriticsChoice)- 4/4 (or 90/100.) Both Edward Douglas' (UPDATE- he said it was a joke since, no proof he's seen the movie either, but several think that may be a misdirect for accidentally breaking the embargo, no one really knows) and Reegans’ ratings were placed on the site. No real word yet but they were listed on the site as such. (Update - her rating has since disappeared, whether a glitch or embargo breaking worrying them and an according removal, I dunno).

Bill "Jett" Ramey (Batman on Film)- Hasn't seen the film himself but everyone he's spoken to apparently really liked the movie; he says he heard nothing negative, that Ben and Jesse are the standouts, the script is rich and compelling, and it's handled very well, from multiple sources. Has got a few scoops right before, but not necessarily the best source to listen to (though I believe Paul Shirey, JoBlo, backed him on it).

Krystal Bianca (Critic)- “HOT DAMNN! Just watched Batman v Superman, mind effing blown, amazing movie,” couldn’t wait to interview the cast.

Brian Hanford (BlackTree TV)- worth noting it was an interview with Ben, but says "there've been some great Batmans, but this movie definitely went epic. Was amazing to watch, to listen to, to see..."

LeoLins (Brazilian comic show host)- was apparently sceptical going in, but apparently says it was “f*cking awesome,” his tweet praising Ben and Henry, the tone of the movie Snyder “got right,” and Lex “done justice and right.”

Anthony Breznican- says it delivered, an ‘intricate tale of hidden agendas, psychological turmoil, and even some complex theological questions — plus a lot of smashing’ comment. The EW writer who offered the first impression of all- positive, too.

Brazilian Critic (unverified, largely)- Tweeted it was good but she didn't like it because she "misses Bale," has a bit of a Nolan/Bale shrine going on too.

Robert Liefeld- pretty vocally against BVS/the DCEU for a fair while, however says he loved MOS recently, and “multiple sources tell him BVS is great.”

Simon Thompson (Forbes on Meet the Movie Press)- Apparently hasn't heard a lot (wasn't invited to the press screening) but what he's heard is "it's not bad at all, apparently just not great."

Steven Weintraub- “Just spoke to someone that's not the biggest superhero movie fan and he absolutely LOVED Batman v Superman. Said it's his favorite so far.” Said he’s heard very positive things, has now seen it but said yesterday he would post nothing (this was before he’d seen it) until embargo breaks.

Paul Shirey (JoBlo)- says he’s heard nothing negative.

Kristian Harloff (Schmoes Know)- saw someone who went in cynical and unsure- he’s been iffy on it himself- and apparently loved it.

John Campea source- says it’s “great.” Also another has “spoken to someone who loved the movie but said potentially their one concern was Batman may actually be too dark.”

Robert Burnett- says he spoke to someone else, a fan filmmaker (undisclosed) who apparently was “primed to hate this movie…and he liked it.”

Jeff Sneider (Meet the Movie Press, The Wrap)- apparently spoke to someone who said they'd seen it, shaking his head, saying "it's a DC movie." (Whatever that even means) and didn't like it. It's worth noting he's generally a bit opposed to big blockbusters, particularly the superhero ones, and their fans, and says as much in the same video.

Jason Davis (Australian Critic for Sunrise) - It's "epic in every way" (doing a narration of the feature more than a review, but he's seen it, so, hard to say).

Justin Kroll (Variety)- has 'heard it's great, really, guys.' Worth noting as with Sneider he's not really all that interested in the big movies from Marvel or DC, but writes for one of the reputed trusted trades in the form of Variety.

Devin Faraci- says reviews are “decidedly mixed,” but cites no particular sourcing on that. Hasn’t seen it yet. Other insiders like Mayimbe/Shirey seem to contradict.

Umberto Gonzales- tweeted out 11 “cryptic” red tomatoes, says he’s heard fresh thumbs up, great things from everyone. Consistently reiterates he's heard it's fantastic, is very excited, and while not one of the trusted trade writers it must be acknowledged, whatever some think of him as a person, he clearly has good sources at WB, revealing several plot beats and things like casting or concept art, or the description of the entire Squad trailer, before they even emerged.

Dave Morales (BackStageOL)- “The film as a whole is amazing, but I can’t say it out in public, but like…wait until you see this fight scene. It’s just mindblowing.” – interviewing Henry, released early (possibly meant to wait, as several uncut interviews which have emerged, until after embargo for release).

Marc Bernardin (Fatman on Batman)- Fairly vocally critical of MOS and BVS, but after the screening tweeted out a thumbs up. Beforehand on Fatman on Batman he said he'd been hearing it's a "bit mixed" or some such.

Morgan Hoffman (Critic)- Hasn’t said anything officially because of the embargo, but apparently talked to people on Snapchat and she replied “WONDER WOMAN!!!”

Christian Zamora (Buzzfeed Critic)- immediate post after the screening with a ton of crying emojis, clapping emojis, and thumbs up emojis. Deleted it, and then tried to say it was about something else. Seems unlikely, but take it as you will.

Donna Freydkin (AOL Interviews) – was taken aback when Jesse said he hadn’t watched the movie yet, and when he asked if she liked it, she replied “I loved it!” quite authentically, “especially your character” and goes into depth on how he’s layered and interesting and makes the movie. At the end of the interview says “the movie opens on the 25th, and it’s awesome!” Later on Twitter said Jesse was “hella talented.”

Michael Strahan (Live with Kelly and Michael) - Excitedly saying he saw the movie but couldn't say anything, "it's worth the wait, that's all I can say." Later on, "I gotta say man, I loved the movie."

Interviews refer to a "one shot fight sequence" in the Knightmare Sequence which bought "tears to eyes."

While it's more of a superficial measure, at the press junket the interviews have been very congratulatory and positive from what we've seen. Some junkets aren't always like this. All the same, I've left out most interviewers or talk show hosts (like GMA saying it's fantastic, Kimmel saying it's great, and so on) simply because I think it's hard to tell whether they're genuine, or just saying that.

More difficult to read, people can't tell if it's a joke; Nerdist writer Ben Mekler, who's tweeted out some pretty anti-Snyder stuff before, said he'd seen it, and it's a "good movie with some weird stuff," but the tweet thread then descends into making (rather funny) jokes about Coca Cola product placement done in outlandish ways. However, it's not implausible to suggest he's seen the movie, and each opinion- "Batman is as awesome as you'd hope," "Wonder Woman is fantastic," the mention of Supes taking on pirates in light of the recent boat picture we got- is alongside a joke about Coca Cola possibly to make it seem like he's not breaking the embargo. Take this one with a grain of salt.

Todd Christian (Critic)- "Awestruck tonight by the cast and crew of Batman v Superman. The movie was breathtaking! Please go see it, you won't be disappointed."

IMAX scenes are:
opening title sequence - there is one it seems!
Knightmare - includes single take fight scene :o
The big BvS fight
Several other shorter scenes incl. a dialogue one

antovolk wrote:

IMAX scenes are:
opening title sequence - there is one it seems!
Knightmare - includes single take fight scene :o
The big BvS fight
Several other shorter scenes incl. a dialogue one