Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.

Absolutely can not wait until Friday.

darthnazgul wrote:
August 31st, 2018, 7:25 pm

It better be very good after all the hype and I think it will be (as reviews are out a few days before it releases). There’s some good gaming for console owners right now, Divinity 2 this week, Spider-Man next week, Shadow of the Tomb Raider the next week, and Red Dead 2 soon after.

darthnazgul wrote:
August 31st, 2018, 7:25 pm

My PS4 has some use after all.

Collector’s Edition Friday where art thou?🕷️

Embargo lifts tomorrow!

it looks identical to every other piece of shit spider-man game that's come out in the last 15 years or whatever

wtf

why are people looking forward to this

Cilogy wrote:
September 3rd, 2018, 4:21 pm
it looks identical to every other piece of shit spider-man game that's come out in the last 15 years or whatever

wtf

Eat a Snickers

Cilogy wrote:
September 3rd, 2018, 4:21 pm

wtf

@SkillUpYT
I just did a 15 minute boss battle in #SpiderManPS4 and it hands down shits over any fight scene you've ever seen in a Marvel movie.
or whatever 🕷️

It’s at a 88 right now and ACG said it’s definitely a buy, that’s why people are looking forward to it Cilogy. But yeah, chalk this up as another great game in the PS4 line up and it sounds like it is one of the best super hero games ever.

PowerDump wrote:
September 4th, 2018, 10:26 am
It’s at a 88 right now and ACG said it’s definitely a buy, that’s why people are looking forward to it Cilogy.
Yes, but why is it? That's what he's asking. What's separating this game from the others when it comes to the web-slinging wall-crawler?

I asked the same question with Rocket League. It's a fantastic game, no doubt... but I sat back and asked: "What is this game doing that Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars didn't do?" I noted some important answers, such as:

- When RL came out, it was a free-to-purchase title for a month.
- Better online play and matchups.
- Across all current-gen platforms and PC.
- Everything was made simpler, from the arenas to the game's damn name. Made it more attractive.

Now I'm not here also questioning why this SM game is better than the others, but because I have been trying to remain largely spoiler-free I also don't have the answers for him either. Curious as to whether others have a better handle of it.

Is the game more sandbox-ish, where like you travel to your missions and have many side-missions along the way that you can do as well as find collectibles, build up your honor level, etc.? Is there something in the gameplay mechanics that is just better? Is it because the game is purty? That Insomniac just has a great track record?

Any and all responses are welcomed, thanks.