The Suicide Squad (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Still in talks:
“I don’t know,” Gibson told ET when asked if he was directing Suicide Squad 2. “I just met some guys about story points. It’s not a done deal or anything. But it’s just fun to shoot the bull when it comes to stories. I love doing it. And if we can elevate any kind of concept it’s good. We’ll see.”

nah I'd rather him do a project with a little more prospect of success than this, even if he's a prick

This is bound to be a financial hit tho, wouldn't hurt Gibson. Especially not if he can get The Resurrection made

I hope he signs on

If Alice managed to get from one billion mega hit to a 300 mil flop sequel or if Ice Age 5 sold less than half the amount of the previous film's revenue, then I don't think there is a guarantee for any sequel these days. Particularly for one that wasn't very well recieved by the audience.£

Master Virgo wrote:If Alice managed to get from one billion mega hit to a 300 mil flop sequel or if Ice Age 5 sold less than half the amount of the previous film's revenue, then I don't think there is a guarantee for any sequel these days. Particularly for one that wasn't very well recieved by the audience.£
I don't get how you sometimes make these comparisons without looking at the context. I mean you're actually comparing Alice and the fifth Ice Age (case of oversaturation) with a sequel to... Nah. Won't do this.

Suicide Squad 2 won't bomb. Mel Gibson at the helm could only boost the sales as even people that gave up on the franchise would be interested in what Mel can bring to the DCEU universe.

How is a sequel to a 6-year-old movie a case of oversaturation

RIFA wrote:and the fifth Ice Age (case of oversaturation)
case not cases.

if title implies its a question the answer is no

RIFA wrote:
RIFA wrote:and the fifth Ice Age (case of oversaturation)
case not cases.
I mean you cite two examples without an oxford comma but only offer to qualify the latter, which suggest you're using it to qualify both. You're not technically incorrect but you're also not grammatically clear on what you're trying to get across, especially as a form of argument that has, ironically, no context.

RIFA wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:If Alice managed to get from one billion mega hit to a 300 mil flop sequel or if Ice Age 5 sold less than half the amount of the previous film's revenue, then I don't think there is a guarantee for any sequel these days. Particularly for one that wasn't very well recieved by the audience.£
I don't get how you sometimes make these comparisons without looking at the context. I mean you're actually comparing Alice and the fifth Ice Age (case of oversaturation) with a sequel to... Nah. Won't do this.

Suicide Squad 2 won't bomb. Mel Gibson at the helm could only boost the sales as even people that gave up on the franchise would be interested in what Mel can bring to the DCEU universe.
Both Alice and Ice Age 4 did better than Suicide Squad and they were better received and yet their follow-ups did very poorly nonetheless. What gives you the impression that DCEU is a bullet-proof franchise like Star Wars? Batman and Superman films have flopped before, you know.£