Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Michaelf2225 wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 9:48 am
gonna start crying as soon as the lucasfilm logo shows up. for all the hate this new trilogy has gotten, i’m 21 years old - for all intents and purposes, this is my star wars
I’m 24 and same. Will never forget seeing TFA in IMAX after binge watching the previous six films for the first time in 2-3 days.

I saw Revenge of the Sith twice in theater when I was 12 or something, I will always be nostalgic af for that film and tbh same for Attack of the Clones.

I'm not really sure what to feel about this trilogy, I care the most about Kylo Ren of all the new leads so far so they've got some catching up to do lol
I also still don't have tickets for this lol but it's not sold out yet either. I guess I'll see it the 18th or something.

Michaelf2225 wrote:
gonna start crying as soon as the lucasfilm logo shows up. for all the hate this new trilogy has gotten, i’m 21 years old - for all intents and purposes, this is my star wars
same

i remember pre school (give or take) aged me wanting to be darth maul for some fucking reason, but i never got the chance to see any of the older ones in theaters when they first came out. the new saga is MY star wars, and i could sing “fuck you” to the haters all day long

that moment when you realize Disney is going to bank on making a Star Wars trilogy every generation lol

no one will hate them too much because there will be plenty of people who see them as their Star Wars lol

I'm 30 and still this is my Star Wars, lol.

I'm just happy J.J. is back
I fucking love how much he puts his heart in his movies
In my opinion, TFA is pretty much a perfect movie
That scene when Han Solo dies and he touches Kylo's face for one last time
It was beautiful, man. He doesn't say anything, he just does that and you feel his pain
I'm pretty sure a lot of fans are gonna love this movie. J.J. knows this is probably his last movie and he's definitely making something very very special

Michaelf2225 wrote:
tickets for december 19th in dolby bought

100% yes. I cannot overstate how emotionally connected I feel to the new slate of characters, Kylo Ren and Rey especially. I'm invested on a cut-to-my-marrow level that I just wasn't in the OT and PT. I know I'm far from alone in that, whether it's TFA or TLJ that makes a person feel that way. For me, of course, it's both. It's going to be a cathartic night.

I say this greedily, but for all the grief Kennedy gets, she has made a truly above-par Star Wars trilogy that's far above the quality I expected back during the announcement in 2012. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I am very very glad it works for me.

-Vader

Well said, I definitely feel the same.

Yeah I agree. I had somehow managed to unintentionally avoid Star Wars until three years ago, when I watched a Star Wars movie for the first time, which was The Force Awakens. I quickly catched up on the other ones. The next one, The Last Jedi, I saw in the cinema. This way the sequels became the only Star Wars I ever knew so to speak.

Am I the only one who has kinda low expectations though? TLJ is a tough one to follow and Terrio/Abrams as writers just don't give me a whole lot of hope. This could easily be this trilogy's ROTJ. Would be nice to get surprised though. :think:

Dobson wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 4:45 pm
Am I the only one who has kinda low expectations though? TLJ is a tough one to follow and Terrio/Abrams as writers just don't give me a whole lot of hope. This could easily be this trilogy's ROTJ. Would be nice to get surprised though. :think:
Nope, not the only one. I wish I could share the same enthusiasm as others but I have reasons to be worried and just feel a general lack of buzz with less than a month to go. Terrio for one, and someone I trust who read the leaks (which apparently seem to be lining up) said they sound embarrassing. Remember, this is a guy largely responsible for two of the worst modern massive franchise movies so it's not exactly so far fetched to believe. Honestly, I am way more excited to see how Season 1 of The Mandalorian finishes up which I am loving. Hopefully I am pleasantly surprised but would not shock me if JJ pulls a Spectre here like Mendes did when he prob should have just went one and done. Hell, JJ already kind of did this with Into Darkness. It honestly saddens me I am not more excited about the conclusion to the Skywalker saga but here we are.