Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Is it me or has Abrams aged a good deal more since Awakens, than what you expect a person to do in a 4 years time span?

Master Virgo wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 9:46 pm
Is it me or has Abrams aged a good deal more since Awakens, than what you expect a person to do in a 4 years time span?
Directing is an incredibly stressful job, even more so when it’s Star Wars.

Despite the eyes looking a bit cartoon-y, this is an amazing poster. By far the best of the STs teaser posters in my opinion. TFA's infamously sorta sucks and TLJ's is a cool design but it kinda looks like a Topps trading card.

As for those who read about the footage...
tinfoil: Rey turns to the dark side after defeating Kylo Ren in battle... maybe the water battle? Double tinfoil: Rey turns dark out of promises by Palpatine to show her the truth about her parents. This is how JJ will "address" Rey's parentage. Palpatine, of course, is going to be full of shit. Kylo, confronted with a Dark Side Rey, sees the cowardice and evil of the Dark Side and turns "gray" to therefore go and "redeem" Rey. Kylo somehow redeems Rey, and both team up to take down Palpatine while they represent the "balance of the force." Kylo is severely wounded in the process and Rey must take down Palpatine alone.

I think it's WAY more fucking likely this is a Force Vision shown to Rey or Kylo, possibly by Palpatine, but it's fun to think about the above. It would "make good" on Luke's protest she "went straight to the dark" in The Last Jedi and it would "make good" Luke's own faux-temptation to The Dark Side in Return of the Jedi.
i'm sure none of this is right but my god i was at a family event for 6 hours at a racetrack today and had so much time to think about this so think about it i did

-Vader

I want the
dark side Rey to be a big plot point, but knowing JJ and Disney, it'll show up in a dream or something. Having Luke come to Kylo to convince him to "redeem" Rey would be an extremely interesting twist. Kylo gives his life to save Rey and Rey snaps out of it. Kylo isn't redeemed per say in the same way Vader is, but is more made aware of what he's done and regrets it.

Rey going to the dark side would be extremely interesting if done well. I think it’s a vision, don’t think JJ has the balls tbh...would love to be wrong.

Master Virgo wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 9:46 pm
Thought that too.

It's a dream/vision. I'm 100% sure of it that I don't even entertain theories about how exciting this could get.

It's an incredibly stupid tease, if it's just a vision happening briefly during the film. Worst case scenario, it's them copy pasting Luke's vision on Dagobah, with Rey this time seeing herself as Ren.
Hopefully that is not the case.

Master Virgo wrote:
August 25th, 2019, 2:06 pm
It's an incredibly stupid tease, if it's just a vision happening briefly during the film. Worst case scenario, it's them copy pasting Luke's vision on Dagobah, with Rey this time seeing herself as Ren.
Hopefully that is not the case.
Agreed.