Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
atilasantos wrote:
September 27th, 2019, 5:05 pm
The helmet is really back. This says a lot
'Noone's ever really gone'...not even that helmet. It's like it rhymes or whatever.

I mean, it's nice that Kylo will try to heal from last Episode and the reforging of the helmet resembles that but it's also somewhere a bit ironic given that TLJ's reactions had some outcry lol

J.J. Abrams Denies Trying To 'Repair' Star Wars After The Last Jedi

I never found myself trying to repair anything. If I had done VIII, I would have done things differently, just as Rian [Johnson] would have done things differently if he had done VII. But having worked on television series, I was accustomed to creating stories and characters that then were run by other people. If you’re willing to walk away from the thing that you created and you believe it’s in trustworthy hands, you have to accept that some of the decisions being made are not gonna be the same that you would make. And if you come back into it, you have to honor what’s been done.

Ace

Speaking to Empire in the world exclusive Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker issue, co-writer Chris Terrio opened up about the complex relationship between the trilogy’s Force-sensitive duo. “Some of the most interesting scenes in The Last Jedi are the conversations between Rey and Ren,” he said, noting the different side of Ben Solo that Rey is able to tap into. "We’ve tried to pick up that complicated relationship that really has been present ever since the interrogation in Episode VII. When Ren takes off his mask, there’s a nakedness about him with Rey that he doesn’t express to anyone else. Rian developed that in fascinating ways and we’ve been able to develop it even further.”

Lol, that picture with Kylo Ren reminds me of Jack Nicholson fighting against the wind in the Witches of Eastwick.

Terrio revealed to Empire the key questions that fuel the final film in the Skywalker Saga.

“One of them is a simple one: ‘Who is Rey?’,” he says. “Which is a question that people not only wonder about quite literally, but wonder about in the spiritual sense. How can Rey become the spiritual heir to the Jedi? We kept coming back to ‘Who is Rey?’, and how can we give the most satisfying answer to that not only factually – because obviously people are interested in whether there's more to be learned of Rey's story – but more importantly who is she as a character? How will she find the courage and will and inner strength and power to carry on what she's inherited?”

He continues: “The second one is, ‘How strong is the Force?' It sounds a little simple, but actually when you get down to it, that is a sort of Zen Koan that we would really meditate on – not literally in yoga poses or anything, but like we would discuss, ‘What is the Force and how strong is the Force?' Those two things were really important.”

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/new ... is-terrio/

I’m not writing the next film, we’ll see how they handle it going forward, and as we all know in these movies, there’s always a certain point of view that’s involved.
-Rian Johnson

-Vader

What the Frik!

look im sorry i dont make the rules, but apparently armand DM'd me on twitter and won't stop calling kylo ren "Prince Benjamin" and says we have to all start exclusively calling kylo ren that and said these are the new "rules" and threatened "consequences" if we don't do this

do you think armand is okay

-Vader