Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 6:28 pm
Elements of this trilogy's plot almost feel like they're solely being constructed with the intent to create good trailer fodder.
Nope.

Allstar wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 6:37 pm
Bacon wrote:
Elements of this trilogy's plot almost feel like they're solely being constructed with the intent to create good trailer fodder.
Nope.
You're right. I forgot how awesome Phasma and the Knights of Ren turned out to be.

Bacon wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 6:42 pm
Allstar wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 6:37 pm
Bacon wrote:
Nope.
You're right. I forgot how awesome Phasma and the Knights of Ren turned out to be.
boba fett has 4 lines

Vader182 wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 11:40 am
I’m sure the FO would have no trouble building an armada that size over a year, but look closer my friend. Those ain’t FO ships.

"btw, i don't care if dark rey is "real" or a "vision" or a "dream" or a "clone" - no matter what, it's a manifestation of a desire for evil and a splitting of self, something that thrills me from a storytelling level."

-Vader
Resistance then? Sorry, on mobile, don’t have the picture in detail right now.
Striking imagery throughout, that’s for sure.

m4st4 wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 7:35 pm
Those are Star Destroyers alright, just not First Order. Those are Imperial Star Destroyers, not just from the OT but specifically from A New Hope. The same "model" as those in Rogue One also.

My guess? Palpatine's Armada.

How Palpatine/Rey/Kylo Ren/The Knights of Ren/First Order all play off eachother is one of my biggest points of fascination here.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 7:42 pm
m4st4 wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 7:35 pm
Those are Star Destroyers alright, just not First Order. Those are Imperial Star Destroyers, not just from the OT but specifically from A New Hope. The same "model" as those in Rogue One also.

My guess? Palpatine's Armada.

How Palpatine/Rey/Kylo Ren/The Knights of Ren/First Order all play off eachother is one of my biggest points of fascination here.

-Vader
Oh shit. See, this is what I wanted for the finale, surprises and bold choices. Hopefully Abrams did it, along with Terrio.

i’m just hoping JJ handled the finer scripting and moment by moment beats

could be the difference between something coherent and another BvS

The planet with the fight between Rey and Kylo with the massive waves and ocean looks like a fantastical planet out of the prequels. Pretty thrilled with how it looks in terms of epicness and the potential symbolism of the water. Bravo JJ!

Allstar wrote:
August 28th, 2019, 3:09 am
The planet with the fight between Rey and Kylo with the massive waves and ocean looks like a fantastical planet out of the prequels. Pretty thrilled with how it looks in terms of epicness and the potential symbolism of the water. Bravo JJ!
mustafar with water, too

if this is when Williams chooses to bring back Dual of the Fates....

-Vader

I think Battle of the Heroes might be a better fit for it if they're going for the Mustafar feel.

Or maybe a combination of the two.