Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 4:17 pm

My guess is that Keri Russel's character knew Rey's parents somehow, and that they had good intentions and hid her to protect her on some level. We'll see.

-Vader
I'd prefer if they just didn't mention Rey's parents at all, and considered that part of her arc over. But whilst I really hope that what Rey said remains true, I'm okay with them considering that Kylo messed with her with the story he added. Them not being force sensitive, and not being shitty people who sell their daughter, but were actually forced and heartbroken to abandon her, feels all right if done well.

Vader182 wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 4:45 pm
Allstar wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 4:42 pm
Just making a guess and logical assumption based on my tastes. It’s more unique to have the ambiguity for a series like this. I’m open to being surprised.
fair, but i double dare you (and anyone else on NF) to keep as open a mind for TROS as i kept for TLJ

-Vader
I will. I know you had a very open mind for TLJ but did you for Rogue? You were pretty negative on it going in...

I'm a huge fan of Edwards and initially was really excited. I was skeptical based on its troubled production, so-so trailers, and comparatively middling reviews to TFA.

I was crushed that I thought it was a mess. I still am, truthfully. So much wasted potential.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 4:55 pm
I'm a huge fan of Edwards and initially was really excited. I was skeptical based on its troubled production, so-so trailers, and comparatively middling reviews to TFA.

I was crushed that I thought it was a mess. I still am, truthfully. So much wasted potential.

-Vader
Fair enough.

Vader182 wrote:

My guess is that Keri Russel's character knew Rey's parents somehow, and that they had good intentions and hid her to protect her on some level.
My god that would be so lame. lol

Master Virgo wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 5:37 pm
Vader182 wrote:

My guess is that Keri Russel's character knew Rey's parents somehow, and that they had good intentions and hid her to protect her on some level.
My god that would be so lame. lol
Maybe. Depends how it's done.

-Vader

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 2:00 pm
Here's a list of what Abrams has changed direction (these are just in the marketing, footage, and interviews, and magazine articles, not spoiler rumors) from TLJ. I'll put it under a tag because it's a long list of knowns:
Skywalker in the title of the movie
The broken Skywalker lightsaber is repaired and is Rey's weapon again
Leia's story continued via previous deleted footage instead of being written out like they said they were doing during VIII for IX
The hero characters on an adventure together instead of mostly split up
More story to Rey's parentage according to Ridley and Abrams
Daisy Ridley said she worked most days during the overall filming (which was 100+ days total), unlike what she said she did for the last episode in the past (her screen time shrank in TLJ)
Rey's outfit reverted to TFA form + hood
Abrams claimed George Lucas was directly consulted for the story of IX
Kylo Ren's shattered helmet repaired
Knights of Ren back
The return of the Sith teased via the presence of Sith Troopers
New character Jannah promoted more than TLJ's Rose
Rey conflicts with Kylo Ren (desert battle & water battle)
Palpatine tease via laugh in teaser
Luke speaks like he's been Rey's mentor in the teaser
Darth Vader's helmet returns for Kylo Ren (shown at shareholder conference)
Death Star remnants
Lando
IX being promoted as a sequel and satisfying finale to all the SW episodes, not just VIII
HERE’S HOW J.J. FIXED STAR WARS!!!

Lol dude...

tbh my anticipation grew after reading the vanity fair article

Vader182 wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 12:53 am
Cilogy wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 12:45 am
like anything, those RLM guys serve a certain market

they have an appeal with people who just kind of hate things because others like them

it was interesting and cute at first, but now it seems abjectly contrarian and cynical
sounds perfect for you cil

-Vader
I'm cynical but I'm not intentionally contrarian. RLM has unfortunately popularized the idea of hating for fun, except it isn't fun anymore, it's just draining

and that's sort of the feeling you get when you watch their videos

like it sucks all the entertainment out of watching movies

m4st4 wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 6:10 pm
MagnarTheGreat wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 2:00 pm
Here's a list of what Abrams has changed direction (these are just in the marketing, footage, and interviews, and magazine articles, not spoiler rumors) from TLJ. I'll put it under a tag because it's a long list of knowns:
Skywalker in the title of the movie
The broken Skywalker lightsaber is repaired and is Rey's weapon again
Leia's story continued via previous deleted footage instead of being written out like they said they were doing during VIII for IX
The hero characters on an adventure together instead of mostly split up
More story to Rey's parentage according to Ridley and Abrams
Daisy Ridley said she worked most days during the overall filming (which was 100+ days total), unlike what she said she did for the last episode in the past (her screen time shrank in TLJ)
Rey's outfit reverted to TFA form + hood
Abrams claimed George Lucas was directly consulted for the story of IX
Kylo Ren's shattered helmet repaired
Knights of Ren back
The return of the Sith teased via the presence of Sith Troopers
New character Jannah promoted more than TLJ's Rose
Rey conflicts with Kylo Ren (desert battle & water battle)
Palpatine tease via laugh in teaser
Luke speaks like he's been Rey's mentor in the teaser
Darth Vader's helmet returns for Kylo Ren (shown at shareholder conference)
Death Star remnants
Lando
IX being promoted as a sequel and satisfying finale to all the SW episodes, not just VIII
HERE’S HOW J.J. FIXED STAR WARS!!!
....UNTIL WE DECIDED WE HATE IT AGAIN!!!