The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Awesome choice. Pattinson can act this up.

-Vader

Not exactly a surprising choice, but I know RP will do a good job.

Cool cool

Deadline - Rob Pattinson, Nicholas Hoult Atop Short List For ‘The Batman’
Matt Reeves is getting close to naming his Batman. While a report declared that Twilight Saga star Rob Pattinson had been set for The Batman, Deadline hears that the filmmaker and Warner Bros haven’t gotten to that place yet. Pattinson is on a short list but so is Nicholas Hoult, who stars in Tolkien and is about to open in the X-Men: First Class film Dark Phoenix. We’ll keep you posted as this unfolds, but several sources said that right now, the bat suit isn’t filled yet and that they like both guys, with Pattinson holding the edge.

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 9:15 pm
Deadline - Rob Pattinson, Nicholas Hoult Atop Short List For ‘The Batman’
Matt Reeves is getting close to naming his Batman. While a report declared that Twilight Saga star Rob Pattinson had been set for The Batman, Deadline hears that the filmmaker and Warner Bros haven’t gotten to that place yet. Pattinson is on a short list but so is Nicholas Hoult, who stars in Tolkien and is about to open in the X-Men: First Class film Dark Phoenix. We’ll keep you posted as this unfolds, but several sources said that right now, the bat suit isn’t filled yet and that they like both guys, with Pattinson holding the edge.
Considering that everywhere is reporting Pattinson is now Batman, I'm pretty sure he's cast.

I like Hoult but keep him the fuck away from this lol

-Vader

He can play suave, he can play brooding, but most importantly...
He can play vulnerable. I am in love with this casting... If it turns out to be true.

Everywhere is just repeating the Variety report. Though Deadline could be operating off older info and Variety's newer when it comes down to it.

Breaking: Other trade (The Hollywood Reporter) says

Robert Pattinson Frontrunner to Play Batman in Matt Reeves' DC Movie
While a deal has not yet been made and it is unclear if there is an offer on the table, Robert Pattinson is a top contender play Batman in Matt Reeves' DC movie for Warner Bros.

It is also unclear who else is on Reeves' short list, other names that have been floated alongside Pattinson's were Armie Hammer, Nicholas Hoult and Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

HOLY SHIT