The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 10:09 pm
Allstar wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 10:07 pm
I did not say that at all in regards to Nolan’s vision. I was referring to the urban comment from one of his casting directors. We can all agree that never should have happened. Speaking of misunderstanding what someone posts...
you just said you don't blame people holding nolan accountable when he has a bad track record hiring POC in his movies...

-Vader
Nope.

Here’s what I said: “I understand people holding him accountable for someone he hired in the casting department said such a thing about what he wants for the character.“

Of course this is referring to the “urban” comment.
Last edited by Allstar on October 14th, 2019, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allstar wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 9:38 pm
radewart wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 9:34 pm
Why does twitter/social media always take Nolan to task for diversity, which is overblown. But nobody every seems to say anything about Scorsese? Outside of Kundun, which nobody saw, has he ever made a movie were a major character wasn't white. What about the lack of diversity for Spielberg, Ridley Scott, Cameron, etc.
People have been saying stuff about Scorsese and Spielberg a lot. Scott was destroyed for Exodus. Nolan is clearly more mindful of it now hence JDW as lead.
Have they? That would be pretty unfair since out of the directors mentioned he's got the strongest track record of diversity.

Allstar wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 10:13 pm
I never said Nolan made it himself but you’re making assumptions as much as anyone else and giving Nolan the benefit of the doubt because you love him. Nolan doesn’t have a great record on diversity at all hence why some aren’t giving him the benefit of the doubt. It’s wrong to make it out Nolan directly said it but I understand people holding him accountable for someone he hired in the casting department said such a thing about what he wants for the character.
i have had quite enough allstar for one evening, im out

-Vader

Just because SOME people are not giving him the benefit of the doubt, it means I agree? I even said it was wrong they’re jumping to conclusions. You’re being ridiculous. In terms of accountability, it’s strictly in reference to his casting director and what they said. It’s clear as day.
Last edited by Allstar on October 14th, 2019, 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bootsy wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 10:15 pm
Allstar wrote:
radewart wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 9:34 pm
Why does twitter/social media always take Nolan to task for diversity, which is overblown. But nobody every seems to say anything about Scorsese? Outside of Kundun, which nobody saw, has he ever made a movie were a major character wasn't white. What about the lack of diversity for Spielberg, Ridley Scott, Cameron, etc.
People have been saying stuff about Scorsese and Spielberg a lot. Scott was destroyed for Exodus. Nolan is clearly more mindful of it now hence JDW as lead.
Have they? That would be pretty unfair since out of the directors mentioned he's got the strongest track record of diversity.
yeah i remember some actor saying something a little bit back, and i mean like... the color purple, but go off i guess

Michaelf2225 wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 10:21 pm
bootsy wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 10:15 pm
Allstar wrote:

yeah i remember some actor saying something a little bit back, and i mean like... the color purple, but go off i guess
Oh you're talking about Elizabeth Banks. She was ignorant to the fact and quickly backtracked.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/j ... male-leads

To get this back on track a little, which I'm to partial to blame. I hope Catwoman is a more of a straight-forward villain here and not like she is often recently portrayed as some quasi-love interest, antihero who becomes a helper to Batman in the end.

radewart wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 10:40 pm
To get this back on track a little, which I'm to partial to blame. I hope Catwoman is a more of a straight-forward villain here and not like she is often recently portrayed as some quasi-love interest, antihero who becomes a helper to Batman in the end.
Could def be a refreshing change of pace.

radewart wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 10:40 pm
Yeah I think I know what you mean. I'd also like her to be her own person/character and not be a hanger on to Batman.

I still wouldn't mind some romantic elements because that's what makes their relationship interesting, they're on opposite ends of a lot of things but they're still drawn to each other and are super passionate with each other.

I like TDKR more than most, but it seems since that adaptation Catwoman in a lot of media has basically been a reluctant, but still one of Batman's prominent allies.

I would like to see a more Michelle Pfeiffer like, with the sexual tension, but a Catwoman that has no interest in being a good girl.