Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oh yeah forgot to say i saw this last week

Likeable, forgettable, not patticularly necessary

Or mor or less what nomis and others have said

Saw this yesterday. Fun movie I enjoyed from start to finish that I probably won't feel the need to watch again.

Glover was the MVP for me.

Reading all of these impressions... I’m trying to think of a movie that was likeable from start to finish and forgetable at the same time... Shanghay Noon? So is it better or worse than that? I’m stuck with blu-ray release anyway so it might be a while before I get the anyswer.

Ant-Man.

It's the John Glen Star Wars film, IMO (although aesthetically obviously that was ROTJ)

ArmandFancypants wrote:
June 17th, 2018, 8:33 am
Ant-Man.

It's the John Glen Star Wars film, IMO (although aesthetically obviously that was ROTJ)
John Glen... alrighty then.

m4st4 wrote:
June 17th, 2018, 6:32 am
Reading all of these impressions... I’m trying to think of a movie that was likeable from start to finish and forgetable at the same time... Shanghay Noon? So is it better or worse than that? I’m stuck with blu-ray release anyway so it might be a while before I get the anyswer.
Worse because Shanghai Noon’s plot makes sense.

They got to get to Kessel City

Gregory Ellwood @TheGregoryE
Solo hits $202 mil in the U.S. and $353 global. Any other franchise would be thrilled with that, but when you reshot 70% of the movie and ballooned your costs maybe that was the real problem? Kathleen made a mistake.

It's part of the problem but I would have thought spending only 4 months marketing it was the most dumbass bit

Allstar wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 7:38 pm
Gregory Ellwood @TheGregoryE
Solo hits $202 mil in the U.S. and $353 global. Any other franchise would be thrilled with that, but when you reshot 70% of the movie and ballooned your costs maybe that was the real problem? Kathleen made a mistake.
Thrilled? Nah.

It'd be disappointing if Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Fast & Furious 9, or Bond 25 made $353m.