Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm glad this movie is keeping it's May release date.

I'm with allstar on this one. I see no reason to be anything but neutral on this. It does feel like it will be Han Solo fanfiction. I just think Harrison Ford is so iconic in that role it will take way too much suspension of disbelief for it to work IMO. Also the "han shot first" thing really is played out and kind of obnoxious at this point.

It's Han Solo fanfiction written by the guy who wrote ESB.

Ok.

ArmandFancypants wrote:It's Han Solo fanfiction written by the guy who wrote ESB...
... and also Awakens.£

Master Virgo wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:It's Han Solo fanfiction written by the guy who wrote ESB...
... and also Awakens.£
Which I've never accused of being fanfiction

ArmandFancypants wrote:The Force Awakens is Star Wars fanfiction and the Holocaust didn't happen also Make America Great Again
Jeez Armand

ArmandFancypants wrote:Which I've never accused of being fanfiction
While you never used the term “fan fiction” you have very much implied it with many of your constant critiques of Awakens. For example when you say they “did not get threepio right” or “ they did not know how to write him” it basically comes off the same. So Kasdan in your opinion in his last movie did not how to write threepio. Yes, Kasdan wrote Empire but I still don’t see why you’re so confident with him at this juncture given how critical you were of TFA.

Also let’s not forget he is co-writing this with his son and these are the only things on his resume-

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_first_time_2012

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/in_the_land_of_women

We also have no idea what this guys tendencies are. For all I know he’s one of those “HAN SHOT FIRST” nutters and in general those people seem to miss the point about what makes the character great.

Larry has on his résumé:

3 Star Wars films

and the best adventure film of all time (also starring Ford)

i just don’t get why you’re so skeptical of whether or not Han will be written “correctly”

Guess those rumors were true.