The New Pope (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
But not off as in American Gods off lol

interested in this

Those stills look gorgeous. Luca Bigazzi is a top cinematographer.

I'm used to Sorrentinos style so as far as the clips go they look fine, to me at least. I'm expecting high levels of quirkiness a la 'Il divo' or 'The Family Friend'. Diane Keaton does seem a bit off dialogue wise. Could it be she is playing as apparition? Would explain her slightly ethereal delivery a bit.

Forum Pro
Law
m4st4 wrote:Diane Keaton is kinda terrible in that clip.
Are you ...... serious?

Law wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Diane Keaton is kinda terrible in that clip.
Are you ...... serious?
Absolutely. As someone already mentioned she wanted to appear aetherial and commanding but instead completely misses the mark.

Could be the lines. Even in the other clip, got a feeling the actors didn't know what to do with em.

Problem with the second clip I think is the language no? They're both Italian actors doing lame English, a la dubbed Fellini but not exactly? It's too early to call the firetrucks obviously but I'll tone down my expectations and wait for the first couple of episodes.

Ahoy there, mateys!

Completely lost my interest, I'll wait for you peeps, plus Black Mirror s03 is out.

Ooh, will get on this as soon as I'm done with Black Mirror. Need something to make up the gap in my TV viewing schedule that used to be occupied by Suits... (Westworld took over POI's place, naturally)

Forgot this was actually out this week in continental Europe, also I really need to start catching up on Sorrentino's film work...probably same as always tends to be when it comes to these things, before say the Berlusconi film