Captain Marvel (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Artemis wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 2:08 pm
Just say you hate women Skyab23 and then we can move on. Sheesh.
its difficult not to when i'm walking behind a group of them

Pratham wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 2:50 pm
Artemis wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 2:08 pm
Just say you hate women Skyab23 and then we can move on. Sheesh.
its difficult not to when i'm walking behind a group of them

i h8 u

Found a pic of Skyab-

Allstar wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 3:27 pm
Found a pic of Skyab-
Skyab23 has left the chat

Skyab23 wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 11:52 am
Ruth wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 11:45 am
Honestly I don’t care about your statistics for construction workers, teachers and nurses. Of course construction workers statistically are going to be male. And OF COURSE teaching and nursing positions are stereotypically seen as women jobs, that isn’t because it happened to be so by choice. Those were one of the very few jobs that were historically seen as “appropriate” jobs for women when they finally were able to work. Of course the effect of that is still very visible today.

I don’t know if you’re genuinely so very confused by this or willingly ignoring the obvious, but nobody really owes you an explanation here. The tools are in front of you - internet. Or you can go to a library. Educate yourself.
Ruth, you resorted to simply telling me to go read a book and educate myself instead of debating the merits. When people feel like their own preconceived notions are more important than facts, we have fallen very far in society.

I can name you many, many jobs in which women dominant their fields, and it has nothing to do with what was deemed appropriate for them 4-5 decades ago. Women are now graduating at a much higher percentage than men with bachelor's degrees. There must be some sort of discrimination at play, no?

The NBA is 75% black males. Why is there no discrimination against black males in the NBA, or in the NFL, and yet you firmly believe that there are prejudices keeping them and women at bay in other industries?

If you deem it discrimination and prejudice when it conveniently fits your own narrative, that is when you should reevaluate what you consider the "facts."

I challenge anyone on these forums to explain to me why businesses only care about having the best employees when it comes to sports but not other industries? How can 75% of the players in a sport be black males and be perceived as being the best employees for that job, and yet in other industries, let's say, as a film critic, they are only 2%. Why the disparity?
LMAO! You can't be as dumb as a rock. You are talking about a physicality in most sports that depend on these skills level and strength. For example. Given the right budget, story, actors, and ect., an old granny can direct her first very first mainstream movie that can be on par with the like of Spielberg if she have some filming technicality in resume. Acting, writing, directing, drawing, singing ect. Women and men are on equal term when they are train or are sometime born gifted.

Well...now we know where Skyab lies...not sure posting that article helps your case at all, man.

Did anyone see this last night btw?

Bacon wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 6:20 pm
Well...now we know where Skyab lies...not sure posting that article helps your case at all, man.

I posted an article from a reputable news agency that states an investigation cleared those kids of the awful things people said they did. How does that not help my case? It is the truth and it is scary that you wont acknowledge the article and the results of the investigation. Instead, you get your rocks off by sticking to your preconceived notions of what those kids did, happy to see their names bismerched and lives ruined because it confirms your bias.

When people refuse to admit they are wrong and the truth becomes treason, we have fallen beyond repair in society.

The children are still wearing MAGA hats. Those kids might be "cleared" but defending them when you're compared to them definitely isn't a good look.

Bacon wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 6:20 pm