Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oku

I knew there was something up about the trailers; they didn't really click with me. I'll still see it, expecting nothing but a good time, but I'm not expecting anything memorable.

Wow this seriously goes for 141 minutes? :lol:

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
I don't see what the big deal is, it's only 12 minutes longer than the first. A lot of sequels are longer by about 10 to 15 minutes.

ArmandFancypants wrote:Wow this seriously goes for 141 minutes? :lol:
Jesus. We'll see about that then.

Overkill is the order of the day - and it takes a toll.
Fuck, this is like, exactly what the film shouldn't be since you could argue the first one was overkill anyway.

Seems like this is gonna be an uphill battle to watch.

Mantis Toboggan wrote:I don't see what the big deal is, it's only 12 minutes longer than the first. A lot of sequels are longer by about 10 to 15 minutes.
Yeah but the first one should have been 90 mins

Agreed with the trim part for the original, but final salvo was so good that it went from three to instant four stars for me. And I still don't get/care about the bizzare plot in that movie. Did Mark Hamill explode at some point? I think so.

This ditches the parodic aspects of the first one and the world really comes into its own, for better or worse. It's looser, more OTT and bombastic and a tad weaker than the first film, but IMO just as fun. Only real problems I had are the sidelining of certain characters....all in all, let's hope #3 happens and really brings it home.

so
They did killed off Roxy (very unceremonious death in fact) right at the beginning where the kingsman mansion was blown up :facepalm:

and Merlin's death, oh man....unnecessary and even if its necessary the way they did it was...ugh