Mulan (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BlairCo wrote:Bingbing Fan
Perfect, IMO.

Red Hood wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Red Hood wrote:Rinko Kikuchi please!
Not that it's a huge problem (for me), but Kikuchi's Japanese, not Chinese.
Never mind that then, I don't want Disney to add some controversy into the film.
Yeah, Chinese and Japanese have a 'not so fantastic' relationship, so casting an actress of Japanese descent, no matter how fitting or talented she would seem, could definitely heat things up. Not in a good way, obviously.

Fan Bingbing would be a cool choice, yeah.

It looks like all the backlash Exodus got was a good thing at the end of the day and peoples voices mattered. Studios clearly took note, I don't think we will ever see a cast like that again.

When they will announce the Pocahontas live action film? Oh wait Cameron already made one (If you can call that film a live action), so no need to.£

Allstar wrote:It looks like all the backlash Exodus got was a good thing at the end of the day and peoples voices mattered. Studios clearly took note, I don't think we will ever see a cast like that again.
Go back to Tumblr

ChristNolan wrote:Go back to Tumblr

Allstar wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:Go back to Tumblr
Oh jesus fuck.

Master Virgo wrote:When they will announce the Pocahontas live action film? Oh wait Cameron already made one (If you can call that film a live action), so no need to.£
Well... Malick I think got closer.

Constance Wu, anyone?

Rinko Kikuchi.

And I'm glad Disney is doing all these live action adaptations, if they follow in Branagh's footsteps, we're in for a treat.