Logan (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
aahh there's that famous Iranian humor

Well the thing about that is Wolverine is the only one who remembers that history. The Xavier in Logan is supposed to remember a completely different one. Although he is able to read everything from Logan's mind.
Cilogy wrote:aahh there's that famous Iranian humor
lol.£

I need a black and white version of this.

Bacon wrote:I need a black and white version of this.
Porque? Are you a connoisseur of black and white film?

Alejandro Iñárritu wrote:
Bacon wrote:I need a black and white version of this.
Porque? Are you a connoisseur of black and white film?

Crazy Eight wrote:
Nomis wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
Anamorphic on the Alexa is 2.8K.
lol then I guess almost any film gets the DI 4K treatment on tech specs at IMDb which is wrong af
It might be a 4K DI. 2.8K is twice the resolution of 2K, so it'd be dumb not to do it in 4K.

Not that this matters, since it's not like the studio deletes the RAW files. Even if it was finished in 2K they could just go back and export at a higher resolution for a future release.
would be nice if they did that

also that gif

I saw it! I agree with most of the good points in this thread. EEEmotional.
Love all the performances in this. no surprises there.
I had no idea about X24, sooo that first massacre I was so shocked yo. And just before that I was praying that that family wouldn't be killed yo :(
X24 makes sense yo. Else it's just weird having Boyd Holbrook and his goons trying to capture Laura all day.
I love the contrast of Old Charles and Logan with little Laura - a proper family.
question:
The comicbook thing... it's difficult for me to accept that in the xmen universe, there would be xmen comics??? but it gives Laura a purpose. Is Bryan Singer's new mutant show gonna be about the kids after this?
What took me out
of the movie was the "Daddy" moment yo. Only because it just sounds off - she was raised by Mexican nurses. It would have been more effective if she said "papá" or "papi". I'm sure Logan would ave understood that #itsaLinguisticsthing #carryon.
8,5/10

Now that I've remembered and am thinking about it, does anyone think
Pierce's (that's his name, riiight?) death was anticlimactic as fuck? I actually had to google once I came back home to make sure that he was actually dead, because I was like wtf for a brief second and thought he was, like, temporarily suspended or something lmao. With all the grittiness and violence in this, you'd hope for something more terrible and maliciously enjoyable, but they literally just had a bunch of kids roll a massive joint out of one of the movie's main villains

Forum Pro
Law
Ruth wrote:Now that I've remembered and am thinking about it, does anyone think
Pierce's (that's his name, riiight?) death was anticlimactic as fuck? I actually had to google once I came back home to make sure that he was actually dead, because I was like wtf for a brief second and thought he was, like, temporarily suspended or something lmao. With all the grittiness and violence in this, you'd hope for something more terrible and maliciously enjoyable, but they literally just had a bunch of kids roll a massive joint out of one of the movie's main villains
About 10 kids used each of their powers to kill someone. They literally suffocated him with the ground and then froze/electrocuted him to death. Not sure how thats anti-climatic for the guy who spent a career hunting mutants.