Aquaman (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
That was terrible. Totally overwhelmed with bad CGI and the colorfulness of it all makes it even worst. He was right about comparing it to Star Wars. Because Lucas prequel was overwhelmed with this cheesy CGI and cartoony world. Even this look more exciting than what we got here:

Comic book accurate Black Manta design makes me happy. On par with the greatest villain designs ever.

Quite an achievement how Heard manage to look unconvincing as ever despite the tools of editing.

Only an incredibly lousy actor with no desire for improvement could pull this off.

Why do so many of the DC films seem to have such lousy CG effects? Do they just not have enough money to make them look better or is this an indicator that they are rushing the production unnecessarily? It would probably be better for them to use more practical effects and enhance them with CGI.

That submarine shot of Aquaman lifting it out of the ocean is awesome. Solid enough trailer for me to be excited. I hope they really pull this off

Batfan175 wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 4:57 pm
Why do so many of the DC films seem to have such lousy CG effects? Do they just not have enough money to make them look better or is this an indicator that they are rushing the production unnecessarily?
Because that's what happen when they decided to shoot majority of stuff in green/blue screen and expect to correct most stuff in post. Another thing is that directors directors directors. Some directors just doesn't know how to use CGI wisely. Another thing is that Snyder stylized the visuals the hell out of his movies and it mostly the lighting doesn't look real but more like it been lid with back stage lighting. Bad lighting is also the cause for bad CGI. But I'm going to give James Wan a pass here since he have to tackle the toughest assignment since mostly this will be taken place underwater which means you don't have time/resources/budget to render every single frames and scenes realistically.

Sysmatic wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 3:25 pm
VFX obviously still needs work but I love the designs. The underwater stuff looks incredible already. This is pure comic book extravaganza. Bring it on!

That CGI needs work... Like, a lot of work.
So many shots in the trailer looked cheap.

Watched it again when I got home. CGI does need a lot of work.

Amber Heard's wig looks awful. Like it's so noticeable.

I swear heard that trailer music somewhere before. Anyway, liked the trailer more than Shazam.