Your favorite movie about Vietnam?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
We Were Soldiers was a good one, if I remember correctly.

Been a while since I seen it.

Sam Elliot was awesome in it. That I do remember.

Apocalypse Now is the best war movie period. Or just one of the best movies ever period. The Deer Hunter is second for me, and Platoon is third.

The Big Lebowski

Pratham wrote:The Big Lebowski
You don't fuck that stranger in the ass.

I feel like The Quiet American deserves a mention.

Sky007 wrote:Apocalypse Now is the best war movie period. Or just one of the best movies ever period. The Deer Hunter is second for me, and Platoon is third.
Saving Private Ryan>Apocalypse Now

Michaelf2225 wrote:
Sky007 wrote:Apocalypse Now is the best war movie period. Or just one of the best movies ever period. The Deer Hunter is second for me, and Platoon is third.
Too safe I'd say. Masterfully directed but thematically... we've seen it all and way before Steven.

Michaelf2225 wrote:
Lol, for you.

Apocalypse Now. No question.

The first half of Full Metal Jacket is the best narrative feature about military training, but the second half is significantly less compelling.

Jedisunscreen wrote:Apocalypse Now. No question.

The first half of Full Metal Jacket is the best narrative feature about military training, but the second half is significantly less compelling.
Except for the fact that it probably has one of the best (if not the best) Kubrick ending. There's no point to first half without the second half since they were training to be mindless killing machines in a meaningless crazy war on alien soil.