Atlanta (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Hiro's going to win the Emmy for directing (probably) instead of Donald and I have zero issues with that. Obviously HUGE spoilers for Atlanta. Don't watch this until you've seen Season 2 or at least Episode 6.

So enjoy this series, Season 2 was a real progression and the cast have been superb, very much looking forward to where this goes.

Love the way this shifts in tone and it's desire to be quirky and off the wall as well as a social commentary.

Best season of television this year featuring an entirely black cast focusing on the rarely talked about hardships and pain that comes from fame/success gets a shutout by the Academy for a period-piece show featuring an almost entirely white cast focusing on the hardships of gaining fame/success in the Big Apple.

Hm. :think:

Bacon wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 11:17 pm
Best season of television this year featuring an entirely black cast focusing on the rarely talked about hardships and pain that comes from fame/success gets a shutout by the Academy for a period-piece show featuring an almost entirely white cast focusing on the hardships of gaining fame/success in the Big Apple.

Hm. :think:
I know right. Wasn't completely shut out. Katt Williams won earlier last week. No matter if it won or not that season will go down in history.

It was objectively the most acclaimed/nominated comedy of the bunch. It's like they were like "we made headlines with black directors/actors last year, so this year we're good."

Bacon wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 11:22 pm
It was objectively the most acclaimed/nominated comedy of the bunch. It's like they were like "we made headlines with black directors/actors last year, so this year we're good."
they literally didn't even nominate Twin Peaks: The Return and let one of the worst seasons of Game of Thrones win over The Americans, one of the best seasons of TV ever

what do you expect lol

-Vader

Keri Russell losing pissed me off too. She's always been good but she was phenomenal this last season.

bootsy wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 11:30 pm
Keri Russell losing pissed me off too. She's always been good but she was phenomenal this last season.
she is all timer good in season 6 for sure, the emmy's manage to find a way to become more meaningless year by year

-Vader

I don't care about Donald losing; I care about Hiro Murai losing. This has been his year and idk how he lost it. I even saw people online that were supporters of Maisel complaining Hiro didn't win.

I had no idea about them not even nominating Twin Peaks. The Grammys, the Oscars, and the Emmys have been a shitshow recently.

Bacon wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 11:44 pm
I don't care about Donald losing; I care about Hiro Murai losing. This has been his year and idk how he lost it. I even saw people online that were supporters of Maisel complaining Hiro didn't win.

I had no idea about them not even nominating Twin Peaks. The Grammys, the Oscars, and the Emmys have been a shitshow recently.
They have gotten to the point where I don't watch. Awards shows haven't become more bought/scripted/whatever than I've ever seen. Or maybe they've always been like that and I just recently started paying attention to it.