Sony Hack Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
it's on NY Times now

"American intelligence officials have concluded that the North Korean government was “centrally involved” in the recent attacks on Sony Pictures’s computers, a determination reached just as Sony on Wednesday canceled its release of the comedy, which is based on a plot to assassinate Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/18/world ... w-bna&_r=1

So it's been confirmed that it is indeed North Korea causing all of this idiocy?

RIFA wrote:North Korea my ass. :D
RIFA wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:HACKERS THREATEN TO BOMB THEATERS THAT SHOW 'THE INTERVIEW'
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/sony- ... 201380712/
We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places “The Interview” be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to.
Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made.
The world will be full of fear.
Remember the 11th of September 2001.
We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time.
(If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.)
Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
All the world will denounce the SONY.
So, RIFA, what was that about this being corporate espionage? I doubt that any rival company would go so far as to commit an actual act of terrorism.
Still calling it bullshit don't worry.
LOL

James Shapiro ‏@JamesatDHF 1 hour ago
Hey Sony, wanna license INTERVIEW to @drafthousefilms? Cause we like the movie a lot AND DONT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS

This is quite shocking. Everyone always treats NK like the moronic little brother that talks big but can't do anything. It's insane that they are having this large of an effect on the industry. I remember when the premise for this movie first came out and people were joking about NK being furious.

Yeah it has to be NK, even though I reallyy didn't think so at first. In these hacks there was stuff about Sony outsourcing and laying people off and and I strongly suspected that the people behind this hack were some pissed off people formally employed at Sony..... but since they really began attacking The Interview and everything involving it I realize it has to be NK. There just isn't anybody else who would care and be stupid enough to cause this much shit over it. Nobody else would take it this personal except for the people parodied in the movie.

Is this an act of war?

DoubleD wrote:Is this an act of war?
Threatening bombings, even if none actually occur, is a huge crime. If they can confirm Korea was responsible it would most definitely be considered an act of war.

SilverHeart wrote:
DoubleD wrote:Is this an act of war?
Threatening bombings, even if none actually occur, is a huge crime. If they can confirm Korea was responsible it would most definitely be considered an act of war.
We'll see what happens tomorrow when US govt announce/confirm NK.

Patton Oswalt ‏@pattonoswalt 37 seconds ago
All joking aside, we just gave a comfy foothold to censorship & it doesn't get any better from this point on. #TheInterview