James Bond Official Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Living Double D-lights has my vote.

Yeah, the title for this thread made me cringe.

Havoc1st wrote:Yeah, the title for this thread made me cringe.
Which one?

And how about someone who isn't Armand or Blair actually talks about James Bond movies. :roll:

I'll update my impressions once the collection arrives.
Last edited by m4st4 on December 7th, 2014, 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

If you ever get the chance, watch Roger Moore's commentaries. Gold.

ArmandFancypants wrote:If you ever get the chance, watch Roger Moore's commentaries. Gold.
It's a lot of job to just go through them all, let alone with commentaries, but I will certainly try. :thumbup:

Just found another bondathon:

There are a few periods of natural fatigue in any marathon:

The Hamilton/Mankiewicz trilogy
Glen's Moore films (although I love FYEO and have a soft spot for AVTAK it's boring filmmaking and beset with samey-ness)
Brozzer's post-GE films

Otherwise though there's enough variety to keep you going.

ArmandFancypants wrote:There are a few periods of natural fatigue in any marathon:

The Hamilton/Mankiewicz trilogy
Glen's Moore films (although I love FYEO and have a soft spot for AVTAK it's boring filmmaking and beset with samey-ness)
Brozzer's post-GE films

Otherwise though there's enough variety to keep you going.
I've seen them all but you know how it goes on national televisions... they would do a marathon or two every couple of years so you catch some here and there, fill in the gaps later; my first Bond in cinema was World is not Enough and I really like it - it's my favorite 'Brozzer' (nice one) - so yeah, pretty much late to the party but it's never really late with movies, you jump in when you feel like it, or have a proper chance.

I really enjoyed The World Is Not Enough when I first saw it (still do). Brosnan was in fine form and I thought Robert Carlyle/Renard made a very badass/creepy villain. Then the Bond girls..... Sophie Marceau was gorgeous and I loved the fact that
the main Bond girl turned out to be the main bond villain.
And even though Denise Richards was probably very miscast, at the time I thought she was incredibly hot in this.

But there are so many other things that enrich the movie for me: M's extended role, Tanner and Robinson together in the same film, Desmond Llewelyn's last appearance, and I love love Robbie Coltrane's Valentin Zukovsky.

Rudinet wrote:I really enjoyed The World Is Not Enough when I first saw it (still do). Brosnan was in fine form and I thought Robert Carlyle/Renard made a very badass/creepy villain. Then the Bond girls..... Sophie Marceau was gorgeous and I loved the fact that
the main Bond girl turned out to be the main bond villain.
And even though Denise Richards was probably very miscast, at the time I thought she was incredibly hot in this.

But there are so many other things that enrich the movie for me: M's extended role, Tanner and Robinson together in the same film, Desmond Llewelyn's last appearance, and I love love Robbie Coltrane's Valentin Zukovsky.
Nicely put, agreed 100%, especially the Marceau part. :clap:

Also, my favorite Bond song:

^Meh.