Ready Player One (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Seems like Nolan is on a quest for personal films. I dont think this is something he would relate to. Being a 80s teenager, pop culture references. And yes, i agree that he'll probably move away from sci-fi next.

This seems like something that could use 3D and a ton of CG.

Yusuf Dazz wrote:Looks interesting but nah.....I really doubt Nolan accept this.
Too risky for his career, in my opinion.
Huh?

I think it will be too safe for him.

I doubt he'll take this. Doesn't sound like Nolan at all. It could be complex with crazy visuals and that's the only reason why it was thrown at him, because the rest is off base with Chris' current vision. Which seems to be about something more personal.

is WB joking though? I would think they know Chris well enough by now to realize this is like the complete opposite of what he would do

shauner111 wrote:I doubt he'll take this. Doesn't sound like Nolan at all. It could be complex with crazy visuals and that's the only reason why it was thrown at him, because the rest is off base with Chris' current vision. Which seems to be about something more personal.

^ I agree, but we'll see.

Also, hi Shauner. :thumbup:

Cilogy wrote:is WB joking though? I would think they know Chris well enough by now to realize this is like the complete opposite of what he would do
Murphy's law

thrice wrote:
Cilogy wrote:is WB joking though? I would think they know Chris well enough by now to realize this is like the complete opposite of what he would do
Murphy's law
:clap:

m4st4 wrote:
thrice wrote:
Murphy's law
:clap:

I heard he declined this because he wants to tackle the Power Rangers reboot.