Suicide Squad (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I agree... That's not a justification for his actions. He kills for no reason because he is an idiot

I see we clearly cannot find common ground here. I tried on several occassions, doesn't work. You say white I say black. You say I give no explanation yet I provided a good chunk from the movie. When I mention other Batman movies that is clearly ignored as well, in silence. Only shows how criticizm goes as far as heart does, when you don't like how something was painted the entire painting is error and a mess. The eye of beholder.

Consider me out of this conversation, especially since we strayed from Batman in SS into previous entry - wrong thread.

Miller's influence is evident on BvS and cannot be denied, but his Batman wasn't a murderer neither was Nolan's version. They killed when it was the only way to stop an act of murder. That's not murder. They would avoid it whenever they could. But yeah Burton's Batman was a murderer and so was Donner's Superman. Nobody took issue with that sort of thing back then.

£

Back to SS, I watched it a few days ago...
- Firstly, I liked it a lot (what don't I like right?)
- I think there was sufficient amount of Joker. This is a Suicide Squad movie after all. If all those scenes were still in, it would have been too much plus those flashbacks can be used at another time due to where those characters end up in the last scene. I didn't want to know errrrthing about their history in this film (even though I do) leave us wanting more and discussing it on ends is smarter.
- Performances: mostly good :thumbup:
Smith, Davis, Robbie, Kinnaman being tops. Anyone could have played Enchantress though.
- Story: good dumb fun. Good that it launches off the consequences of BvS. I'd say Waller is the villain with side of Enchantress and Joker as wildcard was perfect. The characters seemed a bit too soft for me, considering it's the freaking SS.
- ^^That being said, I approve of the theme of love
Rick Flagg and June Moon
Harley and Joker
Floyd and his daughter
Katana and her dead husband
Boomerang and Pinkie
Killer Croc and himself (even if it's only evident from that one line)
Love makes you soft I guess.
- Editing was a mish mash though.
- Batman and Flash cameos were fun and impressive.
- Harley/Joker relationship was depicted how I imagined it all along. However, the Joker characterisation needs some work. Can be easily fixed, I just didn't get what he was saying most of the time. He's a business man, he should be more effective with his dialogue.
- I was cool with the deaths that occurred and look forward to the squad being featured in other Dceu films. Don't think there should be another skwad sequel.
Last edited by the_red_ninja on August 11th, 2016, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fuck autocorrect

the_red_ninja wrote: - ^^That being said, I approve of the theme of love
Rick Flagg and June Moon
Harvey and Joker
Floyd and his daughter
Katana and her dead husband
Boomerang and Pinkie
Killer Croc and himself (even if it's only evident from that one line)
Love makes you soft I guess.

the_red_ninja wrote:Harvey and Joker

brb gonna delete my history

Omg lol. autocorrect is kicking my ass this week.

Wait we can add reason to our edits?!

Edit: Screw you mods.

3/10

One of the worst blockbusters I've seen in theaters. The humor is almost always off, there wasn't one single piece of decent writing (that killer app joke had the person next to me groan and the theater was silent). Jared Leto just comes off as a creep and sounds annoying, he looks awful and I guess all that dumb crap he did to "get into character" didn't work because he didn't even transform. The action is bad, the bad guys never really come off as that bad, they just throw in these tiny parts like Harley breaking the window and stealing to make them seem bad but nothing in their personality really represents that (which makes me wonder why some of the people that defend this movie say the movie at least "got the characters right").

The final battle was completely cringeworthy.

I can't believe that some people will say this is good but the Marvel movies are garbage when they at least have some form of decent film making when this has absolutely none.

Lol I always felt like Leto was exaggerating his method acting. There seem to be a ton of deleted Joker scenes though