Suicide Squad (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
akv1984 wrote:I haven't read the reviews in depth yet, but is it true that Suicide Squad is being critiqued for elements that Guardians of the Galaxy was praised for?
No.

akv1984 wrote:I haven't read the reviews in depth yet, but is it true that Suicide Squad is being critiqued for elements that Guardians of the Galaxy was praised for?
Tbh, I think GotG is pretty conventional and boring.

Dobson wrote:
Tbh, I think GotG is pretty conventional and boring.
I felt the same way about it too. Like it's not a bad movie at all, just conventional. Same with Ant Man.

:roll:

Enough with these conspiracies already.

I am going to LOVE this movie

MyCocaine wrote:

Yeah fuck me for getting some confirmation from a board that tends to have objective and interesting views of DC movies.

MyCocaine wrote:

lol indeed.
4N Legend wrote:I am going to LOVE this movie
We know.

akv1984 wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:I've always thought the 'the movie creates debate, therefore it has merit' thing was pretty dumb. Like not all debates are of equal worth. Debating whether or not Inception ends with Cobb still dreaming/in limbo is one thing, debating 'whether or not the movie is garbage' is another.
While it may not give the film merit, I still think it's pretty telling of a film's ability to seep underneath people's skin. It's just really interesting to me honestly that for a movie that was so supposedly hated, it's still being talked about and analyzed.
Many of the biggest disasters in movie history are continually analyzed, discussed, talked about. The Star Wars Prequels might be the most famous contemporary example, but there's also Cleopatra, Heaven's Gate, many many others. There's nothing particularly interesting or revealing about it. Batman Superman is one of the most inexplicable messes in years, and while you or whoever else may love it (love what you want) it's easy to see how and why people would analyze exactly what happened and exactly how so many things ended up in a movie that struck so many people the wrong way. "Martha" got laughs in my screening and in many others, for example.

-Vader

Josh Lincoln Dickey ‏@JLDlite 2m2 minutes ago
GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD, I FRANKENSTEIN, DIVERGENT/INSURGENT, UNBROKEN, TERMINATOR GENISYS and now SUICIDE SQUAD.

Jai ya doin?
lol

Also, Margot Robbie's post Wolf career thus far has been one giant disappointment. :|

Also, Vader weren't you confident like m4 this would get good reviews? Feel bad for the bloke he was expecting good reaction again based on tweets only to be set up for disappointment.
Last edited by Allstar on August 2nd, 2016, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We probably should have seen this coming when Jai Courtney signed on. He, Sam Worthington and Taylor Kitsch should form a union.