Justice League (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So why do you think they got rid of Ayer if this is not a course correction?£

Lots of yt comments saying cgi is bad even though they don't realize it's the color scheme that makes the cgi and the environment look weird. Other recent cgi heavy trailers don't have such bad cgi comments like PR:Uprising and Black Panther.

Pretty sure during these first set visits they said that they were listening to criticisms of BvS and making it lighter, hell that’s why they invited the ‘haters, in the first place. And Johns said as such as well, that while being lighter was always planned for JL after BvS they wanted to ‘get to the hope and optimism faster’.

Whedon notwithstanding there was absolutely a course correct with Snyder at the helm after the BvS reactions

The point is that even as bystanders, casual readers and moviegoers, we can still pick up several signs pointing to course correction. Basically it's like admitting the movie that is part of a shared universe was eventually aligned towards more risk-free goal. Which is every film company ever, in the end it's a business. I don't have any illusions when it comes to this movie, or any other future DC movie. As a fan I want these movies to be equally successful and emotionally satisfying moviegoing experiences, but if they end up being too 'safe' or 'conservative' or 'mass-friendly' I'll say it out loud and stop supporting their vision. I'd do the same with Marvel but they're constantly bringing fresh blood into their game, Ragnarok looks insanely fun, unique in its own way.

This is going to be a mess.

Optimism is good. Over time I learned that being careful is even better, you never know what's coming. So I'll continue judging these movies one at a time with no serious expectations.

Forum Pro
The blame for the problems with the DC Cinematic Universe should directly to the people running the studio, they've shot themselves in the foot running this universe.

The decision not to release the Snyder Cut of BvS was a huge mistake in my opinion because that version of the film would've been better received than the shit we got and if they did release that cut of the film in theaters originally, the entire conversation around this universe would be very different.

Look at Suicide Squad, it's inception and how it was put together...

For a studio that prides themselves on being all about their talent, they sure love to get in its way (outside of Nolan and Eastwood).

This is m4st4

m4st4 doesn't pre-label movies before he sees them

m4st4 likes to be carefully optimistic

m4st4 is smart

Be like m4st4

While I liked Wonder Woman, I still haven't seen Suicide Squad. I really have no desire to see this. In fact I keep forgetting it's coming out.

I respect that some people may be into this current DC verse and I'm glad for those who are cause we all deserve a chance to get what we want and someone is always gonna be disappointed. Well I'm in the disappointed class this time around.

I've been waiting for a Justice League film since I was a boy. I always thought if this day of Superhero films ever came it would be Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman to be the first heroes coming together on screen and it would be glorious! But that's not how it happened. It was the Avengers who assembled first and it was amazing. And what's worse is the Justice League is here now and the fact that I could not care less doesn't even began to explain my disinterest in this. It's unfathomable how much I don't care. To clarify I don't even care that much about Marvel. I'm a DC guy all the way. And I can't wait to see Infinity War! I never thought a day would come that I am more excited to see Guardians of the Freaking Galaxy over a movie with Batman. I mean I love Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin because that's how much I love Batman. But even Batman can't make me see this movie.

But hey for those of you that are digging it, enjoy. But I am massively disappointed in the current DC verse.

Totally loving the CW shows though! I just want to go all Stephen Amell's Arrow on the entire production team. "You have failed this movie."

BlairCo wrote:
This is m4st4

m4st4 doesn't pre-label movies before he sees them

m4st4 likes to be carefully optimistic

m4st4 is smart

Be like m4st4
If I get served food at a place three times and got poisoned each time, either I'm not going back, or I'm a complete fucking idiot, it has to be either one of those.