David Lynch's Twin Peaks

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

"When two separate events occur simultaneously pertaining to the same object of inquiry, we must always pay strict attention."

If Twin Peaks had some sort of revival I think I'd cry of sheer happiness. These tweets were made at the exact same time.

This time it looks like the real deal.We had been warned

:D

You think... you think Lynch is ready to come back... and with THAT?!?

... :shock: ...

I was just thinking yesterday how he was doing what TV is doing today... back in the days.

Holy shit! This is insane! I can't believe this is happening, after all those years. Glad that both Lynch & Frost seem to be involved because that's when it hits the highest mark. Hopefully, this will be some fresh and unique, so as to work effectively after more than two decades. Curious to see how many of the originals will be back. I truly hope the majority of the cast will reprise their roles.

A Twin Peaks revival is good and all but I'd prefer a new feature. And perhaps something not as utterly, utterly bonkers as Inland Empire.

Panapaok wrote:Holy shit! This is insane! I can't believe this is happening, after all those years. Glad that both Lynch & Frost seem to be involved because that's when it hits the highest mark. Hopefully, this will be some fresh and unique, so as to work effectively after more than two decades. Curious to see how many of the originals will be back. I truly hope the majority of the cast will reprise their roles.
Its David Lynch. It will certainly be , once again , complete unique. Just like Fire Walk with Me.

Oh HELL YES

Lionheart wrote:
Its David Lynch. It will certainly be , once again , complete unique. Just like Fire Walk with Me.
Fire Walk With Me is a masterpiece.

I guess if they were to ever do something with Twin Peaks, now would be the time. And by all means, if they did, Lynch and Frost need to be a part of it. This is their baby. And I wouldn't want to see anyone else get their hands on it in the future.

What would everyone like to see? A new season? A brief mini-series? A film? Personally an 8-run mini series with a film or something capping it off would be a dream come true. Since it Lynch, I think it's safe to say that all of our ideas of where it could go will be most likely wrong.

Maybe we'll get to talk about Judy?
Scariest fucking thing ever.
Cop 223 wrote:A Twin Peaks revival is good and all but I'd prefer a new feature. And perhaps something not as utterly, utterly bonkers as Inland Empire.
I really love Inland Empire, aside from the fact that it's basically Mulholland Drive 2. Some people hate the digital look of it, but along with Eraserhead, I think it's one of Lynch's strongest films at getting that whole "I feel trapped in a nightmare" right.

And I haven't even seen the original series. God I'm slow