David Lynch's Twin Peaks

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
anepicmoviereviewer wrote:Well then. Fantastic first half.
Then it starts to drag very quickly. And the fun of seeing Audrey again finally wore off very quickly as that scene was way too long. However, going off of the title of the next episode, getting a lot more of those two next week.
That scene was hilarious. Well, at least I'm enjoying the heck out of this.

The
Audrey
scene was the most self-indulgent and overlong scene I've ever seen from Lynch. I've read somewhere it could be a scene from a play in front of an audience and I almost hope it is. This show has more than enough subplots with six hours left

And why the fuck did they replay the same exact Jacoby scene from Episode 3? Even the FBI stuff just felt off this episode.

Wait was the Jacoby scene really the exact same thing from Ep03?

Anyway,
Audrey scene was alright on its own but come on Lynch, considering the hype, yea it was a huge letdown. I didn't even know half the names.
Can someone explain to me the significance of that final scene at the roadhouse?

I know he's going to deliver big time once all is said and done and we get a full picture, but watching this week after week isn't helping with the Dougie case. Or it's exactly the sort of thing that was built for weekly audience, I don't know. He wasn't even in this episode that much.
Sarah Palmer is a fantastic character as always.

It's not the first time we see random snippets at the Roadhouse at the end of an episode. I think they're designed to be random snippets with random characters we won't ever see again. More extraneous material in an episode that had plenty.

I love that Lynch refuses to compromise but he clearly didn't need 18 hours to tell this story.

m4st4 wrote:The backlash from the community is now real. People are getting mad. :lol:
They are finally waking up.

From what? Backlash due to people wanting Cooper over Dougie has nothing to do with actual quality of the show. Lynch is telling his own story, just as we wanted.

It was a weak episode with a few very strong scenes. I don't understand the meltdowns, the content of it was pretty much in tune with the previous 12 hours. It's not perfect, there are flaws but it has mostly been a terrific journey so far. I'm sure it will come together, a lot can happen in the remaining 6 hours.

everyone hating on Audrey in this - she's still Audrey, only with a whole dollop of age and 2010s cynicism. Just pitch perfect take.
Well, we're about to head into the third act so to say...let's see if they end up saving the return till the very end
I mean, we see what like HAS to be proper Cooper in the trailers, first with Gerard and then in a car driving and then somewhere that's spoilery as fuck to say. Can't all be from the finale I don't think...

antovolk wrote:
I mean, we see what like HAS to be proper Cooper in the trailers, first with Gerard and then in a car driving and then somewhere that's spoilery as fuck to say. Can't all be from the finale I don't think...
Yeah, something should happen soon. I'm aware of at least two major scenes that Kyle filmed in Washington back in fall 2015. He also filmed in the Sheriff's Department, based on the BTS teaser.

I totally forgot Berenice Marlohe was in this.