BBC/AMC's The Night Manager

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The idea of Tom Hiddleston starring in a TV drama adapted from John Le Carré’s novel The Night Manager is enticing enough. But throw in the fact that Hugh Laurie is also attached and you have a pitch that already has several US networks salivating at the thought of landing it.

This one comes as part of a partnership with the BBC, which will have the rights to show it in the UK. Hanna co-writer David Farr is adapting Le Carré’s 1993 novel, which focuses on Jonathan Pine, a former soldier who now works as a night manager in a luxury hotel.

When he crosses path with a French-Arab woman named Sophie who is linked to infamous English weapons merchant Richard Onslow Roper, he comes into possession of some incriminating documents, which he sends to a friend in the intelligence services. But then Sophie is murdered, and Pine must go undercover as a part of a sting operative to take Roper down.

The Hollywood Reporter’s story doesn’t mention which role the actors would play, but we can see Hiddleston as Pine and Laurie – in his first major TV role since hanging up his white coat and cane on House – as Roper. Since it’s still early days, there’s no word on when it might hit screens, but it’s certainly one to watch for.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=42366

Wow, will be interesting to see which network wins the bidding battle. IIRC, HBO, as a matter of principle, doesn't do straight pickups and AMC doesn't have a lot of money on its hands, so I'll be betting on Starz, FX or Netflix to seal the deal with BBC. Then again, BBC has co-produced a lot of stuff with HBO before, so perhaps HBO could take advantage of their "special relationship"?

Netflix I'm betting.

Set to air in April on AMC and BBC.

This should be good.

Reminder to all that BBC has begun screening this in February.

Mods, please rename this thread's title to "BBC/AMC's The Night Manager".

Guys, guys, guys, if you aren't watching this show, you're really missing out, so hop on the bandwagon asap!

P.S - Debicki is a goddess, Hiddles is Bond 2.0, Laurie is mesmerising and Olivia Colman is incredible.

oracle86 wrote:Guys, guys, guys, if you aren't watching this show, you're really missing out, so hop on the bandwagon asap!

P.S - Debicki is a goddess, Hiddles is Bond 2.0, Laurie is mesmerising and Olivia Colman is incredible.
I'll second that.

I'm very excited to see this when it starts on AMC.