Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The film will be released on October 21, 2016, with a title of The Jungle Book: Origins.

Ah. Nevermind then.
But man, this is a great cast. For his first big directorial feature Serkis is doing great! I wonder if this could lead to Serkis directing Apes 3 or a Tintin sequel if that ever happens.

SilverHeart wrote:Ah. Nevermind then.
But man, this is a great cast. For his first big directorial feature Serkis is doing great! I wonder if this could lead to Serkis directing Apes 3 or a Tintin sequel if that ever happens.
Reeves is returning for 3 but maybe the 4th or the Tintin sequel.

I know Tintin is planned as a trilogy, and that the plan was for Spielberg to do the first, then for Jackson to do the second, so I could see Serkis doing the third one.

SilverHeart wrote:I know Tintin is planned as a trilogy, and that the plan was for Spielberg to do the first, then for Jackson to do the second, so I could see Serkis doing the third one.
Think I read in Empire or somewhere that Jackson and Spielberg were planning on joint-directing the 3rd Tintin.

But at this stage we'd be lucky to see a second one anytime soon.

SilverHeart wrote:I know Tintin is planned as a trilogy, and that the plan was for Spielberg to do the first, then for Jackson to do the second, so I could see Serkis doing the third one.
Yeah but Tintin is in development hell because of Jackson's work on The Hobbit :( (and now He's talking of the Dambusters as his next potential project).

I'm sad lol, this was THE comic book when I was young (like I guess Marvel/DC for americans) and I read each book at least 20 times.

Anyway, happy to see Serkis directing, will see it for sure

Bacon wrote:
The film will be released on October 21, 2016, with a title of The Jungle Book: Origins.
Followed by The Jungle Book: Dawn of Man-Cub and The Jungle Book: Man-Cub Rises.

Don't forget Revenge of Kaa and Age of Bagheera.

Bagheera Begins

SilverHeart wrote:
MuzzleSuarez wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:Never in a million years did I ever think I'd hear the words 'Christian Bale' and 'Jungle Book' in the same sentence. But holy shit. This bodes well for the script.
True. But still.

A side-by-side comparison between this version and the Favreau version (of the announced cast who have counterparts to the other production):

Shere Khan: Benedict Cumberbatch/Idris Elba
Baloo: Andy Serkis/Bill Murray
Bagheera: Christian Bale/Ben Kingsley
Mowgli: Rohan Chand/Neel Sethi
Kaa: Kate Blanchett/Scarlett Johansson
Akela: Peter Mullan/Giancarlo Esposito

That's some motherfucking big names. Well, not Mowgli, but the rest have a lot of recognizable actors there.
Those are great casts for each film. Although I prefer Blanchett as Kaa over Johansson.

Besides, are they only voicing them or will they use some mo-cap?