The Nice Guys (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Opens in the UK today finally, gonna head for round 2 tonight

I want to watch this so bad. Fuck living in Italy. :(

Saw this on Tuesday, and apart some miniscule stuff, I reaaally enjoyed it and had tons of fun! Honestly, why ain't more people talking about this

It's amusing enough but I'd struggle to tell you anything about it as soon as it was over.

ArmandFancypants wrote:It's amusing enough but I'd struggle to tell you anything about it as soon as it was over.
So not even close to Black's last film?

Forum Pro
Law
Allstar wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:It's amusing enough but I'd struggle to tell you anything about it as soon as it was over.
So not even close to Black's last film?
What was that called again?

So it was a Shane Black film ...

This was nice, a mainstream version of Pynchon's Inherent Vice, even if that was his most accessible novel. I prefer PTA's layerific adaptation over this but can't say I didn't laugh and enjoy the ride. It's supposed to be dopey and all over the place and that's a double edged sword at times (noticed couple of plot holes along the way). Angourie Rice will be famous soon.

Glad you enjoyed it. :thumbup:

I thought this was hilarious and ridiculous in a good way. They got the era right and the comedy. Gosling is so much more likeable in comedic roles and Crowe... well he can do errrrthing. That kid was also great. I wouldn't mind a sequel or two ;)