Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Good news keep on piling on the Star Wars front.

Fraser is one of the absolute best working today so this makes me happy indeed.

Edwards is still a worry though.

ArmandFancypants wrote:Fraser is one of the absolute best working today so this makes me happy indeed.

Edwards is still a worry though.
You worry about Star Wars spinoff? It either is or is not. Episode VII is the hoth zone.

/Film - Rumor - 2016 STAR WARS SPIN-OFF MOVIE PLOT REVEALED

Recently, we learned a juicy rumor about the plot to Gareth Edwards and Gary Whitta‘s 2016 Star Wars spin off movie. The information came second hand from a single good source, so we began to dig. All we wanted was one more person to tell us we were on the right track. Literally dozens of people were contacted at all levels and while there were a few nibbles, we could never get a solid second confirmation. We contacted Lucasfilm, which declined to comment. So for that reason, take this story with a grain of salt and a huge rumor label.

That said, we think there is enough evidence to present you a rumored plot of the 2016 Star Wars spin off movie.
We’ve heard the 2016 Star Wars spin-off movie is about the group of people out to pull off the ultimate heist in a galaxy far, far away.

What the group is trying to steal is one of the most important linchpins in Star Wars history — they are out to steal the plans for the first Death Star.

That’s right, the story is set during the A New Hope era. However, it’s not the Rebel Alliance as we’d all assumed.

As rumor has it, the story follows a group of bounty hunters who were hired for the job — think the Seven Samurai or Suicide Squad meets Ocean’s Eleven in the world of Star Wars.
http://www.slashfilm.com/rumored-star-w ... -off-plot/

That brought a huge smile on my face.

Just imagine Quentin Tarantino, Inglorious Basterds-style movie set in SW world. :lol:

THR - 'Star Wars' Standalone Movie Loses Writer Gary Whitta (Exclusive)
Gary Whitta is no longer writing a Star Wars standalone movie.

Whitta was working with Gareth Edwards, the filmmaker behind last year’s Godzilla movie, on the project and completed a first draft. But he has now left the project, which will likely hire a new writer.

Gary has been a wonderful, inspired contributor and I enjoyed working with him tremendously,” said Edwards in a statement. “I’m so grateful for all of his contributions. ”

Said Whitta, “The year I spent working with Lucasfilm on this Star Wars film has been by far the most rewarding period of my entire career. As a lifelong Star Wars fan I’m deeply grateful to have had the rare opportunity to contribute to a new chapter in its ongoing cinematic legacy. The film is going to be amazing."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ses-762372

So the release date, is December 2016 right?

no spinoffs pls

im racist towards spin offs