Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Do it Keegan. You got skills.

Caekzor wrote:
anikom15 wrote:I like this. Reminds me of Dark Forces.
Felicity Jones' character is named Jyn Erso. I'm guessing Diego Luna's character is Kal Tarnak.
Jan Ors and Kyle Katarn ;) ;) ;)
There are even some, erm, dark troopers.

So uh, the laser/disc thing was kinda already there before the rest of the Death Star was really built yet in the trailer we see them installing afterwards

ChristNolan wrote:So uh, the laser/disc thing was kinda already there before the rest of the Death Star was really built yet in the trailer we see them installing afterwards

Took 'em 19 years to build the first one and 4 for the second.

ChristNolan wrote:So uh, the laser/disc thing was kinda already there before the rest of the Death Star was really built yet in the trailer we see them installing afterwards

maybe they fucked it up

Donnie Yen kicking some stormtrooper ass will help the film doing some massive improvement over Awakens' underperformance in China, but I really hope his role is more important than that.£

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:

maybe they fucked it up
yeah the first one was shitty and they'd already built the whole damn thing so they replaced it.

for real though, it's a cool image but kinda outrageous. and the speed that it's moving at for something that fucking huge? I mean i'll wait and see...

Hidalgo's been addressing that on Twitter lately. He likened what we see in III to a light bulb socket, and what we see in Rogue One to the light bulb.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:

maybe they fucked it up
They read the IKEA instructions wrong.

What should we reasonably expect this to gross at the boxoffice? Obviously it won't come close to TFA...but if you had to guess a number...