The Snowman (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This is shooting in Oslo right now, amid freezing temperatures (-20 C / 68 F) and heavy snowfall. A couple of weeks ago it was +12 degrees Celsius (53 F) and dry as a summer, so lucky for them. Apparently, they are also going to film in Bergen, Rjukan and Notodden.

first few pages of this thread are pretty great, movie seems cool

Yeah don't let the synopsis fool you. There is some of the darkest stuff I've ever read in a thriller in this. It's also incredibly atmospheric. Really excited to see it.

There's also 3 or 4 meaty supporting roles that haven't been announced. Really curious to see who will join the project,

Now Where Was I ? wrote:There's also 3 or 4 meaty supporting roles that haven't been announced. Really curious to see who will join the project,
Who could you see playing those roles?

This guy

Allstar wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:There's also 3 or 4 meaty supporting roles that haven't been announced. Really curious to see who will join the project,
Who could you see playing those roles?

There's a charismatic media star in his late 40s that's just perfect for Robert Downey Jr, no way he'll do it though.

For Norwegian actors, Aksel Hennie, recently seen in The Martian, could be in it. He was terrific in another Nesbo adaptation (Headhunters).

And let me say the two leads (Fassbender/Ferguson) is genius casting. They're perfect

Now Where Was I ? wrote:There's a charismatic media star in his late 40s that's just perfect for Robert Downey Jr, no way he'll do it though.
Coster-Waldau perhaps?

Allstar wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:There's a charismatic media star in his late 40s that's just perfect for Robert Downey Jr, no way he'll do it though.
Coster-Waldau perhaps?
Yeah great idea

J.K. Simmons and Scandinavian actors Jakob Oftebro, Sofia Helin and David Dencik have been added to the cast of The Snowman according to Norwegian media.