Transformers: The Last Knight (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
He said he'd give up after 3 and that didn't happen.

But seriously, if they give this to a director with actual competence (and I mean literally anyone but Bay or Liebesman) and this should be watchable.

In a dream world they'd give it to GDT.

Who is crazy enough to do what Bay does other than James Cameron or Peter Jackson (scale wise, not quality wise - inb4 the facepalmers and blankfacers).
Liebsman needs to fuck off from the face of the earth.

The whole bloody rigmarole that was made over Bay saying he was finished with the franchise after DOTM, and the complete 180 afterwards for (I'd assume) monetary purposes, was beyond pointless. I don't take him seriously when he says he'll skip on a 5th, not one iota :roll:

Just shut the fuck up and do your trashy work.

If Bay is able to let go of his ego enough to let someone of actual talent do this this could be the best thing ever.

SilverHeart wrote:If Bay is able to let go of his ego enough to let someone of actual talent do this this could be the best thing ever.
Nah.

It's too entrenched in it's formula for a new director to be able to spin much change. They won't be looking for someone to come in and reinvent the wheel, they'll want a hired gun to replicate what Bay's been doing. At best it might lead to a coherent story, at worst we'll end up with someone like Liebesman.

SilverHeart wrote:BAY CONFIRMED TO LEAVE TRANSFORMERS 5
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/30/ ... ma-instead

:D :shock: :o :D :D :D :D
TODAY IS A GOOD DAY
It's not like him leaving will restore the credibility of transformers or something. Say what you will about Bay but his visual style is what made the films at all interesting.

I'm more worried about TF5 having the same writer as TF AoE, than the new director.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:BAY CONFIRMED TO LEAVE TRANSFORMERS 5
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/30/ ... ma-instead

:D :shock: :o :D :D :D :D
TODAY IS A GOOD DAY
It's not like him leaving will restore the credibility of transformers or something. Say what you will about Bay but his visual style is what made the films at all interesting.
That's true. 'Today is a good day because this was always his baby and now we're happy because someone else is going to step into his shoes and do... what exactly?' Yeah, not really. I had my kick with Bay's Transformers (more or less), couldn't care less who takes over right now.

“Our plan with the studio and filmmakers you may have heard some writers being hired and we have in fact brought in Akiva Goldsman to lead a group of writers to really create a strategic plan around Transformers. We think there are any number of stories to be told from the brand that has been around for 30 years with amazing canon and mythology. We would expect the sequel to the Transformers movie [TF4] to happen in 2017.”
http://collider.com/transformers-5-release-date-2017/