The Visit (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Shit, he's going all Brian De Palma on us.

lol Shymalan

The point of this film. What is it?

Cilogy wrote:The point of this film. What is it?
To seek redemption and a place in Heaven

Cilogy wrote:The point of this film. What is it?

Dude needs to make one decent flick. Not great just decent.Until then who the fuck cares what he's up to?

Joeyjojo72 wrote:Dude needs to make one decent flick. Not great just decent.Until then who the fuck cares what he's up to?
Rohan and Co.

m4st4 wrote:
Joeyjojo72 wrote:Dude needs to make one decent flick. Not great just decent.Until then who the fuck cares what he's up to?
Rohan and Co.
That would be incorrect. I care too and I don't concider myself to be one of the Co's :P

Erik wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Rohan and Co.
That would be incorrect. I care too and I don't concider myself to be one of the Co's :P
That's fine Erik, your time will come. ;)

Shyamalan's true fans, just as fans of other artists, are staying respectful to the man not only because of the films he is behind, it's because of his personality and the person that he is. Truly, if one sit and listen to the man discussing not just cinema, but life,science and education etc, that will shed some light on who he really is. - You can scratch what I just said, if you like to, but it's truly, to be honest, about the man more than his films when it comes to his true fans.

It's mind boggling to read and it's not the first time that Shyamalan is this and that, because it's still just too puerile in nature as it was the first time to go against the man just because he made few films that failed to click with either the audiences or the critics. It is true, as I say, that Night's critics, something on which he I am sure is going to agree with me, is that when it comes to his films, he's being reviewed more than the film itself.

One decent flick as someone here stated that Shyamalan's needs one decent flick not even a great one. I say to you, to come forward, without actually 'googling' it, tell us all, what's the difference between a decent and a great flick. You know who you are.

Since we're talking about "flicks" here. Here is a fact: Every Shyamalan "flick", the ones that are originally based on his ideas, tends to be at the end of the day better than every single Marvel picture. Yes, even The Happening, which is by the way hundred percent smarter and honest flick. - If truly the film is observed, it's better than 10 Iron Mans and the Guardians of the Galaxy. Now, I say this, of course, with respect to those who are behind Marvel pictures. But, I'm sorry, it's just the fact. I also understand that the purpose of those films are less towards artistic perfections and are solely made to entertain the fans of the comics and also make tons of great cash, but if something like The Avengers, so weak in every spot of direction, writing and cinematography, can get tons of positive attention, hey, why not something like The Happening or After Earth?