Top Ten Movies of 2014

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm getting much closer to finalizing (finally) my Top 10 of 2014. However, I wanted to reach out to all of you before doing so to see if there were any films in particular that you recommend that may not be getting as much attention as the Oscar nominees or the "hyped films." I want my list to be as comprehensive as possible as to make sure I've seen the best that 2014 has to offer. Thanks.

Skyab23 wrote:I'm getting much closer to finalizing (finally) my Top 10 of 2014. However, I wanted to reach out to all of you before doing so to see if there were any films in particular that you recommend that may not be getting as much attention as the Oscar nominees or the "hyped films." I want my list to be as comprehensive as possible as to make sure I've seen the best that 2014 has to offer. Thanks.
Locke and The Rover

Mommy

Echovoid_52 wrote:Better late then never. Here's my finalized TOP 20 list.

http://zekefilm.com/?p=14546
your list made me vomit

but I will always defend people's right to make me vomit

Cilogy wrote:
Echovoid_52 wrote:Better late then never. Here's my finalized TOP 20 list.

http://zekefilm.com/?p=14546
your list made me vomit
Why? Sorry, I always have unpopular opinions. I don't try to be that way, it's just how it usually turns out. To be fair, I hate most of everyone else's list.haha. Everyone putting films like the overly plotted BS "Edge of Tomorrow" on there, along with some very Oscar bait-y choices.

Echovoid_52 wrote:Why? Sorry, I always have unpopular opinions. I don't try to be that way, it's just how it usually turns out. To be fair, I hate most of everyone else's list.haha. Everyone putting films like the overly plotted BS "Edge of Tomorrow" on there, along with some very Oscar bait-y choices.
I like your list.

HorrorBiz wrote:
Echovoid_52 wrote:Why? Sorry, I always have unpopular opinions. I don't try to be that way, it's just how it usually turns out. To be fair, I hate most of everyone else's list.haha. Everyone putting films like the overly plotted BS "Edge of Tomorrow" on there, along with some very Oscar bait-y choices.
I like your list.
Thanks! Where's yours? :) I think with the exception of "Noah" being by number one, my list isn't all that controversial. Select people will probably have a few a problem with it when I get to the "worst 5" because I rag on Under The Skin and Enemy. Two films that a specific target audience were highly fond of. I feel I'm part of that audience, being a Lynch/Croneberg guy, but I really did dislike those films.

Cilogy wrote: but I will always defend people's right to make me vomit
Amen.

HorrorBiz wrote:
I like your list.
Ditto. I don't think Calvary or Fury work per se, and The Guest was totally throwaway for me, but otherwise from what I've seen it's good stuff.