X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
SilverHeart wrote:I'd be willing to go with Vaughn if they drop Singer.
I would actually prefer that.

Cilogy wrote:so McAvoy and Fass would have to look like they're in their 50s, right?
Charles was 12 in 1944 and I swear I read that Erik is older by a couple of years. So Charles will be 51 and Erik will be 53+

I don't see the need for jumping ahead like 10 years, just do it in 1975 or something

Wouldn't that make both of them 100+ by the time of Days of Future Past's future scenes?

Vaughn got zero out of the extended cast (including Lawrence) and several of the action sequences were poorly done. Plus the overuse of montage. Singer showed why he's the man so there's no reason whatsoever for him to pass the baton. Given his legal/PR problems maybe Fox disagrees. Even then there are better options for director then Vaughn.

SilverHeart wrote:Wouldn't that make both of them 100+ by the time of Days of Future Past's future scenes?
No. If Charles was 12 in 1944 he would be 91 years old (if Magneto is a couple of yeears odler then he would be 93) in 2023. Still pretty darn old but then again, Magneto was shown to be in his early teens during the Holocaust, you can't make him any younger than that.
Joeyjojo72 wrote:Vaughn got zero out of the extended cast (including Lawrence) and several of the action sequences were poorly done. Plus the overuse of montage. Singer showed why he's the man so there's no reason whatsoever for him to pass the baton. Given his legal/PR problems maybe Fox disagrees. Even then there are better options for director then Vaughn.
I disagree.

I'm sure Fox like Vaughn cos he's been involved with 3 x-men films but he was "shown the door" for DOFP.
I have a feeling he won't be coming back to this franchise.

James Mangold or Vaughn. I still think it would be cool to have Bryan Singer,

SilverHeart wrote:Wouldn't that make both of them 100+ by the time of Days of Future Past's future scenes?
yeah lol

right now I'm just going with the idea that they live longer and age slower simply because they're mutants