The Hateful Eight (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
‘Hateful Eight’ Going To Comic-Con
The Weinstein Company said today that Quentin Tarantino and the cast of his Western shoot-’em-up The Hateful Eight will attend Comic-Con next month with a Hall H presentation set for Saturday, July 11 at 1:30 PM. The presentation will include a discussion with Tarantino and the cast about the film, its roadshow release in 70mm and a promise of new footage.

It’s a fitting place for Tarantino to fan the flames of his follow-up to Django Unchained, which won him the Original Screenplay Oscar last year. It was at Comic-Con 2014 that he finally confirmed he was moving forward with his feature Western, that admission coming during a panel in which he was promoting his Django Unchained-Zorro crossover comic-book.

Weinstein announced earlier this month that The Hateful Eight is getting an exclusive two-week roadshow in 70mm nationwide beginning Christmas Day. The plan is to follow that with a digital theatrical release January 8. Django Unchained was also released on December 25.

If there’s one person who can keep track of all the various genres and sub-genres and sub-subgenres, and where his films fit into them, it’s Quentin Tarantino. So while The Hateful Eight might be a Western like Django Unchained, it’s still a world away in its cinematic genealogy.

For one, the story of eight hard-bitten gunslingers trapped together in a way station is set in the white-capped mountains of Wyoming and not the sweat-streaked plantations of the South, starring an impressive roster of actors that includes Kurt Russell, Samuel L. Jackson, and Jennifer Jason Leigh.

“I can definitely say that as bleak as our movie is, we are definitely the funniest snow Western ever made,” says Tarantino. “This is funnier than The Great Silence, it’s funnier than Day of the Outlaw.”

Okay. But is it funnier than Warren Beatty dying in a snowbank? “Oh, yeah, funnier than McCabe & Mrs. Miller.”

Despite the director’s love of spaghetti Westerns, his film owes more to the small screen than the big, specifically the weekly guest stars on the oaters of his youth like The Virginian and Bonanza. “You wait the whole episode to find out, ‘Are they a good guy or are they a bad guy?’ ” he says. “So I thought, ‘What if I did a story that was made up of nothing but those characters?’ So there’s no good guys. There’s no Little Joe.”
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/02/ha ... rt-russell

DoubleD wrote:Image
KING.

Now everyone tell me that Kurt Russell wouldn't make an awesome Jim Gordon.

shauner111 wrote:Now everyone tell me that Kurt Russell wouldn't make an awesome Jim Gordon.
Kurt Russell would make a great anything.

official

panel starts in 20 mins. QT going to steal the show! Hopefully they drop the trailer online, I am skeptical of that though.
Last edited by Allstar on July 11th, 2015, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allstar wrote:Image

official
sexy

Very sexy.