The Hateful Eight (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote:Didn't diCaprio and Tarantino have an argument when filming Django?
No.
Eh, after writing that I researched a little bit and found a Spanish interview with Foxx when promoting Django (I actually read that interview some time ago) and 1) There were problems on set between them and b)he didn't have kind words to Leo

theseeker9175 wrote:
Allstar wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote:Didn't diCaprio and Tarantino have an argument when filming Django?
No.
Eh, after writing that I researched a little bit and found a Spanish interview with Foxx when promoting Django (I actually read that interview some time ago) and 1) There were problems on set between them and b)he didn't have kind words to Leo
Damn. Didn't Leo also have a fight with Clint Eastwood on the set of J. Edgar?

It'd be great to see Kurt Russell in this one.

I'd like to see old Michael Madsen back for a western.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
11072014 wrote: Nuh-uh.
If the film's about John Brown, it'll most likely be about his raid on Harpers Ferry in West Virginia, so it would be a "Northeastern". I bet you're failing APUSH.
And who said its about that..
So now begins the speculation. Which Western is it? During the release of "Django Unchained," he talked a bit about making a follow-up film about abolitionist John Brown, treating him as a mythic hero and basically approaching it as a Western.
http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/q ... rA2tFlr.99

Jeff Sneider
@TheInSneider

I've heard some details about what Tarantino may be up to but I can't say anything, lest Jules & Vincent come after me... #OffTheRecord

I just hope it won't be about slavery, or at least have little to do with it.

Whenever Quentin Tarantino completes a new script, it’s an event accompanied by great fanfare, partly because his scripts are so damned fun to read. The drums have begun beating on his next film. Here’s what I am hearing. None of it is entirely confirmed but I believe it. It is definitely a Western, and the working title I’m hearing is The Hateful Eight. Tarantino has finished a draft, and is in the process of showing it to a handful of actors he wants for the picture. He usually does this, gets feedback and goes back in and hones his work. I’m so far hearing he’s got two actors in mind.

One isn’t a surprise: Christoph Waltz, whom Tarantino helped transform from an Austrian character actor into a two time Oscar winning star of Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained. The other name I’m hearing is Bruce Dern. I sure do hope the latter is true. Here is a guy who, at the age of 77 and after a career worth of distinguished mostly supporting performances, has emerged as a Best Actor frontrunner in Alexander Payne’s Nebraska. I sat with Dern recently, and he is as razor sharp as ever and has an encyclopedic memory for Hollywood lore and his place in this world. This has made him the perfect candidate for a ‘comeback’–he is still so on his game–and a handful of directors who are resourceful in their casting like Payne and Tarantino are very astute in recognizing that. Tarantino likely has several months left to hammer out the shooting script so nothing gets finalized till then.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/quentin ... um=twitter