The Hateful Eight (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
She must have had a hell of a screen test to bet out the other names that were rumored for the role.

DoubleD wrote:She must have had a hell of a screen test to bet out the other names that were rumored for the role.
I wouldn't be surprised if Quentin asked her to come and screen test, she's a great actress, underrated even.

Yecch. Serial ham.

But QT can work wonders. If he can get a good turn out of Leigh then he really is a genius. Coens couldn't do it.

Channing Tatum eyeing a role.
I’m hearing that Channing Tatum is circling a major role in the Quentin Tarantino-directed The Hateful Eight. Filming begins early next year, and he would join Samuel L Jackson, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern, Kurt Russell, Tim Roth and more in the Western epic, which almost wasn’t after Tarantino shelved the film when the script was leaked.

Now principal photography beings in January and will be shot on 65mm film, with the pan is to have the widest 70mm film release in over 20 years, according to distributor The Weinstein Co. Richard Gladstein, Stacey Sher and Shannon McIntosh will produce the film and executive producers are Bob and Harvey Weinstein along with G. Mac Brown.

Tatum was just officially attached to star in and also producer a Gambit spinoff and is doing the awards circuit now for Bennett Miller’s Foxcatcher, where he is getting Oscar buzz for his role as Olympic champion wrestler Mark Schultz. He also is with Free Association partner Reid Carolin producing and starring in Magic Mike XXL.
http://deadline.com/2014/11/channing-ta ... 201274888/

What a year for him.

Tarantino and Weinstein Finalize 'Hateful Eight' Cast,' Keep Script Under Wraps
Also participating in the "Hateful Eight" LA table read are:
Samuel L. Jackson ("Django Unchained") as Major Marquis Warren
Kurt Russell ("Death Proof") as John “The Hangman” Ruth
Walton Goggins (FX's "Justified") as Chris Mannix
Tim Roth ("Reservoir Dogs") as Oswaldo Mobray
Michael Madsen ("Reservoir Dogs") as Joe Gage
Bruce Dern ("Nebraska") as General Sanford Smithers

New to the cast are:
Jennifer Jason Leigh ("Mrs. Parker and Her Vicious Circle") as Daisy Domergue
Demian Bichir ("A Better Life") as Bob
Channing Tatum ("Foxcatcher") has signed on for an unidentified role in the project.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononho ... s-20141106

I'm digging that cast.

Awesome cast. I love all the actors.

Russel + Goggins combo is amazing.

Was Waltz the one who put the script out ?