The Hateful Eight (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:Anyone else read this yet? I am dying to discuss it.

I have a hard copy lmao.
As long as it doesn't pertain to the last two acts I'm all ears ;)

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:

I have a hard copy lmao.
As long as it doesn't pertain to the last two acts I'm all ears ;)

-Vader
Thoughts on...
the showdown between SLJ's character and Dern's character where SLJ revealed via flashback he made Dern's son suck his cock before he died in the freezing cold? Did QT take it too far there? To me, I thought it was great. But probably the most fucked up thing he has ever written. :lol:

I totally agree, lol. Imagine the audience reaction!

How do you think it compares to his other scripts?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Honestly, it is really difficult to compare just because some are epics and some are contained. I felt Django was actually one of his strongest scripts mainly because it had such a clean structure which is rare from QT. This is very clean as well but very much contained like Reservoir Dogs but leaves room for some spectacle, I mean he was not planning on shooting in 65mm for no reason. I am truly amazed this is only a first draft. Without getting into any spoilers, I think he could tweak the final act but not exactly sure how lol.... other than that I think it is nearly perfect as is.

Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Honestly, it is really difficult to compare just because some are epics and some are contained. I felt Django was actually one of his strongest scripts mainly because it had such a clean structure which is rare from QT. This is very clean as well but very much contained like Reservoir Dogs but leaves room for some spectacle, I mean he was not planning on shooting in 65mm for no reason. I am truly amazed this is only a first draft. Without getting into any spoilers, I think he could tweak the final act but not exactly sure how lol.... other than that I think it is nearly perfect as is.
This is consistent with what I've heard elsewhere.
It feels like the most interesting and dynamic. The most epic but also the most intimate. I adore how he recreates the civil war in this tight space, it gives the last half a huge scale in a way.

-Vader

So is he going to wipe his baby ass and fucking do this?

Vader182 wrote:
I adore how he recreates the civil war in this tight space, it gives the last half a huge scale in a way.

-Vader
Yeah.
When this scenario was set up while I was reading, I can't even describe the smirk on my face. It is so simple yet so genius. Nobody else would think of this except him yet he inexplicably makes it seem like it was easy to think of somehow.

I have a hard copy lmao.
Did you run that off yourself?

Allstar, you made it into an article on TIME.com! :D
On the way, two other tough men hitch a ride: Maj. Marquis Warren (a perfect fit for Samuel L. Jackson), who fought for the North in the recently concluded Civil War; and Chris Mannix, late of a rebel paramilitary group, who says he is the new sheriff of Red Rock. (The Nolanfans.com contributor known as Allstar suggests Joseph Gordon-Levitt for the Chris role.) When the coach arrives at Minnie’s, Ruth finds that Minnie is gone and a Frenchman named Bob (Allstar guesses Vincent Cassel) is running the place. Also in residence: an Englishman, Oswald Mobray (Roth?), an aged Confederate General, Sanford Smithers (Dern, with a drawl) and a “cowboy fella, in a cow puncher uniform complete with cool brown cow puncher hat,” called Joe Gage (Allstar suggests Matthew McConaughey).
Read more: Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight' Deserves to Ride Again | TIME.com http://entertainment.time.com/2014/02/0 ... z2slIBquJq[/quote]

loop wrote:Allstar, you made it into an article on TIME.com! :D
On the way, two other tough men hitch a ride: Maj. Marquis Warren (a perfect fit for Samuel L. Jackson), who fought for the North in the recently concluded Civil War; and Chris Mannix, late of a rebel paramilitary group, who says he is the new sheriff of Red Rock. (The Nolanfans.com contributor known as Allstar suggests Joseph Gordon-Levitt for the Chris role.) When the coach arrives at Minnie’s, Ruth finds that Minnie is gone and a Frenchman named Bob (Allstar guesses Vincent Cassel) is running the place. Also in residence: an Englishman, Oswald Mobray (Roth?), an aged Confederate General, Sanford Smithers (Dern, with a drawl) and a “cowboy fella, in a cow puncher uniform complete with cool brown cow puncher hat,” called Joe Gage (Allstar suggests Matthew McConaughey).
Read more: Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight' Deserves to Ride Again | TIME.com http://entertainment.time.com/2014/02/0 ... z2slIBquJq
[/quote]

Lmao. Corliss reads Nolanfans.