FOX's Gotham

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Bacon wrote:
What the heck? So when Bruce is Batman, Dent's 55?
Yeah it seems pretty stupid, they should have just held off on Dent till a later season but I guess they wanna just throw in more characters.

I hope at some point this show introduces a circus with the Flying Graysons and their infant son, Dick. :roll:

These first two episodes have been really impressive.
It's exceeding my expectations so far, which were high.
When it's all said & done, I believe this show will be one of the best things to happen to the Batman franchise.

Though, I was a little thrown off when they revealed Harvey Dent as an Assistant DA.
I think he works better when he's a closer age to Bruce & they share an actual friendship.
Harvey should have been the "Rachel" of Gotham in the sense of him being a childhood friend of Bruce.

Gotham 75 wrote:These first two episodes have been really impressive.
When it's all said & done, I believe this show will be one of the best things to happen to the Batman franchise.

Though, I was a little thrown off when they revealed Harvey Dent as an Assistant DA.
I think he works better when he's a closer age to Bruce & they share an actual friendship.
Harvey should have been the "Rachel" of Gotham in the sense of him being a childhood friend of Bruce.

LOL impressive. If bad acting, horrible dialogue, shoehorned kid villains, and a tone that doesn't know what it wants..is impressive then more power to you! Why the hell is Scarecrow a villain in Gotham like 15 years before Bruce becomes Batman? And why is Harvey Dent 20 years older than Bruce?

shauner111 wrote:
Gotham 75 wrote:These first two episodes have been really impressive.

LOL impressive. If bad acting, horrible dialogue, shoehorned kid villains, and a tone that doesn't know what it wants..is impressive then more power to you! Why the hell is Scarecrow a villain in Gotham like 15 years before Bruce becomes Batman? And why is Harvey Dent 20 years older than Bruce?
Just a different take on the story. Batman's story has been told in a lot of different ways over the 75 years he's been in existence. This is something new and I like that. Not to say everything about the show is perfect or even all that good, but it's still early and entertaining enough for me at least.

I smell spam

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:I smell spam

Jesus... at least Hannibal is patient, these guys are throwing in every known villain, season 1. :facepalm:

m4st4 wrote:Jesus... at least Hannibal is patient, these guys are throwing in every known villain, season 1. :facepalm:
That's because most of them were not villains when they were kids and I think they would have been around Gotham somewhere when Bruce was young anyway, it's just that we weren't pivy to their childhood experiences in the comics because it makes it much easier to root against them if you don't really learn how to empathise with them. I think people gave season 1 of Agents of Shield a lot more leeway than they are after 2 episodes of this show. Why? Who knows...if the characters on the show here are going to change in interesting ways that can only be a good thing because nuance is the key here but yeah if the writing's bad then that's going to be a big problem. I'm just saying that there are shows that had a rough start and got better later on so this has still potential left and if the villains are not some kind of payoff but regular characters on the show, why not?