Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Wow

I have been very tough on the show in its recent episodes, but this was the best one so far.

I still can't give a crap about anything related to the MiB (Am I supposed to get excited everytime I see the maze symbol? It ain't working) but everything else was great. The management's storyline had major developments and Maeve's story was amazing chilling stuff. Newton's acting + Djawadi's violons in THAT scene almost made me tear up.

Ok, if Bernard
is a host, modeled after Arnold, especially if there are any similarities appearance-wise (like what if Ford was actually posing with his robo dad in that picture and not Arnold), wouldn't someone have pieced this info together by now, especially if Bernard has been there "forever"? We can't expect the whole staff to be newbies who are completely in the dark when it comes to the park's inception and it's creators?
or am I missing something?

Ruth wrote:Ok, if Bernard
is a host, modeled after Arnold, especially if there are any similarities appearance-wise (like what if Ford was actually posing with his robo dad in that picture and not Arnold), wouldn't someone have pieced this info together by now, especially if Bernard has been there "forever"? We can't expect the whole staff to be newbies who are completely in the dark when it comes to the park's inception and it's creators?
or am I missing something?
According to Ford, Arnold's been scrubbed off the records. Completely.

Among the employees, think no one but Bernard (& eventually Elsie and Theresa) know of the guy. His picture probably won't even pop up, if you do a search. Especially, since they don't know his last name. He's been 'Unperson-ed'. Even Bernard didn't know of him, until his boss told him of the man, in episode 3. And he's probably the longest serving employee of the park.

Based on how Ford described him, he seems largely reclusive. No public appearances, or any of that.

The Man in Black probably knows what he looks like, given he seems to be familiar with him. That might be a plot point later.

Additional promotional shots for 'The Adversary'.

In honor of the show reaching its halfway point, and the two year anniversary of Interstellar, here's a fun piece on Jonah & Chris.
Last edited by ChrisTilford on November 7th, 2016, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uhm... season two... HBO, Bueller, HBO? :judge:

I have a feeling it's going to happen after episode 8, or even 9, just in time for final mayhem.

Nice shoutout to Yul Brynner, from Michael Crichton's original film.

Also, there might have been a one to Anthony Hopkins's The Mask of Zorro. This character played by Kaiwi Lyman, seems a bit like Matt Letscher's Captain Harrison Love from that movie.

m4st4 wrote:Interview with Jeffrey Wright:

http://collider.com/westworld-jeffrey-wright-interview/
Thanks dude. I wasn't overtly familiar with his work before the show (knew of it, things like Angels in America, & I had seen The Ides of March), but he's really really good in this one. Especially, if he's also in the same situation as Christian Bale in The Prestige.

Here's one with Jimmi Simpson. Nothing radically new, but tossing it in anyway.

@Vader
Point 1. Wait for episode 8 maybe? :P
Point 2. Maybe the relay she was checking probably contained data locally instead of on a server so she had to transfer it to her device.
@Ruth
Maybe Bernard was modeled after Arnold's personality and not his appearance?
Anyway
1. Lee's gone, right? That would be one epic firing. "I urinated over Westworld hologram while cursing at my boss and THE BOSS" :lol:
2. Space flight is probably common, why else would someone say 'orbital launch' so casually? m4's theory confirmed?
3. Teresa's meeting probably supports my theory that network access is monitored. For what reason though? m4's theory again?
4. Why are lower levels are falling apart? Delos strapped for cash? Maybe that's why they are cutting down manhours required to cleanly wipe the hosts? Being cheapskates costs money in the long run, someone tell them that.
5. Maeve used cheat codes :lol:

Pratham that's the only reasonable explanation I've heard but it's still a huge contrivance regardless. When your "smart" characters act really stupid, it completely undermines not just the credibility of the individual characters but the intregrity of the overall product. The Prometheus effect, basically.

-Vader