Steven Spielberg's Magnum Opus

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:Thank you for your intelligently drawn and well thought out responses. I expected no less from two of the board's greatest scholars.

-Vader
You're just mad because you got called out on your blatant contradiction.

Interesting stuff. I think your Spielberg boner is showing a bit though.

Did nobody read that all I did was edit together quotes from my class notes and an old paper I wrote and post it?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Did nobody read that all I did was edit together quotes from my class notes and an old paper I wrote and post it?

-Vader
Yes. I'm just saying I'm not sure if the flick is as grand as your notes/paper from class make it out to be.

Still, thought provoking.

Vader182 wrote:Thank you for your intelligently drawn and well thought out responses. I expected no less from two of the board's greatest scholars.

-Vader
Well I'm glad you're not referring to me since we all know the two people you're talking about. My reaction was more so directed at the phallic velociraptors point. Although the post length did startle me prior to finding out it was edited together from past work. Even if everything you've said was a part of what the screenwriters had in mind Alien (which you alluded to) already mastered it to perfection. However I do wish we could take some of your analytic vigor and spread it around the members list.

Close Encounters > Everything.

But it's so hard to rank his work.

My childhood would have been so different without his movies.

dafox wrote:Well I'm glad you're not referring to me since we all know the two people you're talking about.
Well I do not know why you would think that since your post (which was funny as hell) was a heck of a lot pointless than mine.

Allstar wrote:
dafox wrote:Well I'm glad you're not referring to me since we all know the two people you're talking about.
Well I do not know why you would think that since your post (which was funny as hell) was a heck of a lot pointless than mine.
You and Iwatch have a history with Vader so his sarcasm seemed to make more sense that way. I appreciate the compliment tho.

You guys do know it's damn near impossible not to at least try to find genius in any of Spielberg's work.

War Horse