Fargo (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
3 eps in, aw jeez, so good :)

UPD: Finished 8....ahh that closing shot....chills.

UPD2: all ready for the finale...

Nice finale for a very good and entertaining show. I am personally satisfied with the whole storyline and I believe that Fargo was certainly one of the best shows of the year. I really loved that it paid homage not only to Fargo movie but also to No Country for Old Men.
Similarities between Chigurh and Malvo [especially the self-surgery on his leg wound] and the resignation of the police chief because of the violence between people.
My favourite moment of the last episode was when they used the original Fargo soundtrack in the ending. Very beautiful way to end the show. Any other thoughts ? 8-)

Incredibly satisfying finale. They can just end the series there if there's no second season.

Fantastic finale to a fantastic season. Hope it gets picked up for a second season.

Decent enough conclusion. I was a much bigger fan of how things happened than the things that actually happened in this episode. My issues would be
Gus killing Malvo was fairly disappointing for me. I can understand why they chose that route storytelling wise but I personally would've rather had him been arrested. Just a personal gripe. I also wish we could've had a scene between Molly and Lester after she knows she has Lester caught.
Overall Series Grade: 9/10

Fargo>True Detective

Allstar wrote:Fargo>True Detective
I liked them both a lot but I'd go with True Detective as my favorite by a pretty decent margin. I personally prefer the tone, style, and protagonists of True Detective more.

Bold statement. Guess I really need to watch this now.

m4st4 wrote:
Bold statement. Guess I really need to watch this now.

Couldn't agree more.