Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
In the Loop: 4/5

Inside Llewyn Davis (2013)
Level of Admiration: (8.3/10)
Level of Personal Interest: (8.4/10)

Even if I didn't know who are the directors I could tell that this is a work done by a master (or masters in this case). It is no masterpiece though. Coens have done a lot better than this in the past.£

If I Stay - 9/10

Wonderful movie. It made me tear up quite a few times. I loved the narrative structure of the film, and how it took the whole chick-flick genre in a totally different direction. This movie 'may' be a bit too cheesy and girly for some, but if you're into that... you'll definitely love this movie.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:If I Stay - 9/10

Wonderful movie. It made me tear up quite a few times. I loved the narrative structure of the film, and how it took the whole chick-flick genre in a totally different direction. This movie 'may' be a bit too cheesy and girly for some, but if you're into that... you'll definitely love this movie.
lmao http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/if_i_stay/

ChristNolan wrote:
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:If I Stay - 9/10

lmao http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/if_i_stay/
Ohhh well! :lol:

Fantastic. Gritty, brutal and brilliantly acted; one of the best films of the year without a doubt. And was mightily impressed with Mendelsohn's cockney accent :lol:

Cilogy wrote:
PowerDump wrote:Locke - I really don't know how I would rate it, I guess I just pictured the stakes to be higher in the film. Tom Hardy is freaken awesome in it though, he is definitely one of my must watch actors now (granted he was pretty much there already) My dad really disliked the film but thought Hardy was fantastic.

Guardians of the Galaxy - 9/10 - very weird and very enjoyable and Chris Pratt is fantastic.
But how? The guy is
losing his marriage, his job, his family everything that matters to him, all while being haunted by his own past and his father.
It is definitely something that would be devastating to someone, I guess I just didn't find it that entertaining as a plot for a movie.

Sympathy for Mr Vengeance. Loved it! I've already seen Oldboy so I'll be watching Sympathy for Lady Vengeance next. I'm sure there's a lot of people like me who ended up seeing the trilogy in this order.

I love films like this where you're completely absorbed in the film and you have no perception of time at all. An obvious example is Prisoners as well as Sydney Lumet's films. Maybe The Godfather Part 2 but when I saw it I did feel like I was watching the time, though I was completely immersed. A slightly bad example is Enter the Void which I saw a couple weeks ago and enjoyed but I was so aware of time passing to a point where I couldn't wait for the film to end. Films like these are extremely rare so could anyone recommend more these 'absorbing' films?

Watching the Detectives (2007)
A Cillian Murphy/Lucy Liu rom-com. Kinda wasted on me because it references alot of old black-and-white noir films. It was nice to see a playful Liu though.

the_red_ninja wrote:Watching the Detectives (2007)
A Cillian Murphy/Lucy Liu rom-com. Kinda wasted on me because it references alot of old black-and-white noir films. It was nice to see a playful Liu though.
Literally never heard of this and I'm a huge Cillian fanboy. Very obscure